Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ariyah1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Is this pathetic?
    We been separated 2 and a half years. I still love him. I feel so stupid. How can I make myself get over this? Suggestions please
    kizzez_4_u Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 01:06 PM

You need to delete everything out your life that reminds you of him. Put away pictures delete him out of your phone just put everything that reminds you of him away somewere and don't bring it out until you know your over him. And also move on. Get another person in your life so you can focus on that person instead of the past move on look forward to the future.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 04:48 PM

Think about the reasons you are separated. You can love someone, but that doesn't make them the best partner for you.
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 15, 2008, 05:44 PM
    You are not stupid... most people think that just because the papers are signed, and you're divorce that BOOM, the love just disappears. NOT true, especially if this person is your "first love" or you have been with them for quite a while.
    With my ex, he was what I considered my first love (I was wrong!) but it took me years to get over him and the hurt he caused. It is normal to grieve however you don't want to go on with your life grieving over something that is gone... what kind of life would that be?
    He and the divorce obviously hurt you deep, have you considered counceling? It's a good idea, don't let this continue, its not healthy for you and you deserve to be happy and live a good life.

Best,
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 16, 2008, 01:52 AM

Your not stupid at all I know how you feel been there you just wish you wouldn't hsve been sucked backed in to him.. Its so easy to do in the name of love.We can't tell our hearts when to stop caring and loving people we just do weather good or bad. If you truly want to move on then you have to make the first move.

If you want a divorce then do it don't put it off and start the proceeding if not you have to make up your mind what you want... I know you know the answer to that question I am sure its quite painful but if you want things to ochange and to start a new life you know what you have to do.. Then get in to a divorced woman's support group it really helped me...

IAm so sorry for you, Iam here if you need to talk..
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 12:39 PM

I am guessing the reason for the seporation , he treated you badly? From your post I get the impression that you have a low self esteme. Maybe you need to (A) decide if you want to fight for this marriage or(B) get on with your life and get a divorce. No matter which option you choose I would suggest some counselling to help you deal with what is/has happened to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bittersweet 16! Am I pathetic? [ 9 Answers ]

I am 16 and as in the movie sixteen candles" my life should be platnim" but I need my own jake! I haven't ever had a boyfriend and I just turned 16 today. Am I totally pathetic cause all my friends have been dating forever, I haven't ever done AANYTHING bad or anything at all with a guy. I just...

Pathetic situation [ 3 Answers ]

So I need advice on how to handle a situation I'm currently in. I guess I am what you could call a "relationship" kind of girl. I don't mean to, I don't go searching for them, but I tend to casually date and as long as the relationships stay fairly simple and uncomplicated I don't mind going...

Am I Depressed or Just Pathetic. [ 7 Answers ]

I need to know more about depression, I'm constantly getting put down by my family and my long-term boyfriend. In school I have very few friends and I'm starting to feel like there's no point because I'm worth nothing. I know people will say talk to someone but the person I talk to about everything...

View more questions Search