Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonny88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Florida and New York, property lien by credit card companies
    Can credit card companies put a lien on a home and car in the state of Florida or New York?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 15, 2008, 11:18 AM

In most areas it is rare that a lien can be placed on a primary residence due to unsecured debt. Florida, especially has homestead protection laws.

Its unlikely for a creditor to put a lien on a car, its more likely, but still rare that they will seize car for unsecured debt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

California, property lien on credit card debt? [ 3 Answers ]

I've not been able to pay the minimum payments on my credit cards in a year. The debt collectors are calling to tell me that they are going to put a lien on my home to sue for payment is this possible in the state of CALIFORNIA?

A Lien placed on a Property for credit card debit [ 1 Answers ]

Hello A collection agency for an old credit card debt is trying to place a lien on a home that I am a co-signer for. The house belongs to my father ,but I was a co-signer so my father can get the mortgage and I do not live in the house and I do not pay any bills on the house. I am wondering if they...

Can credit card companies put a lien on my property? [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently retired, my husband got almost half of my nys teacher benefits from a quadro... (got nothing from him 'cause he didn't have anything) can't pay credit cards any longer... believe I am judgement proof... can a lien be put on my house... I don't have a mortgage and pay all my taxes

Property lien for credit card- [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My sister had a judgement against her for a fashio bug card. It went to court, she didn't show and they won by default. They placed a lien against her house. She lost her house in hurricane Ivan. Now she is getting letters wanting them to settle this. Is the lien still against her...

Can credit card companies put a lien on my house? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I live in Broward county, Florida, I defaulted in three unsecured business loans and two unsecured business credit cards all are guaranteed personally by me, now that the business has failed and the S corporation is dissolved, can these creditors go after me and put a lien on my...

View more questions Search