Ask
    batal009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 03:30 AM
    Schedule 40
    What is schedule 40?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2008, 06:41 AM

In simple terms, it fixes the wall size of a pipe. The nominal diameters of schedule 40 and schedule 80 pipe are the same and the fittings are the same. Schedule 80 is stronger than schedule 40.

Mechanical properties are material dependent. PVC, Stainless, Iron etc.

Here is a table for schedule 40 and 80 PVC. Harvel PVC Pipe Schedule 40 & 80 Dimensions—Harvel Plastics, Inc.
    randyq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2016, 10:30 AM
    Schedule 40 is a rating that is used when referencing the thickness or wall of the PVC pipe Schedule 80 and Schedule 40 are the two most common, however there is also Schedule 120. As the Schedule increases, the pipe wall thickness increases. This adds additional strength to the PVC pipe, and it can take a lot more pressure.

Here is a chart that shows the differences in thickness of Schedule 40 Wall and Schedule 80 Wall:

https://formufit.com/pages/pvc-pipe-...mensions-chart
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2016, 10:53 AM
    Please look at the posting dates before responding to a thread. This question was asked in Oct 2008, over eight years ago...
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2017, 07:19 AM
    Although an old post, would like to add, as mentioned, the outer diameter is the same. Schedule 80 being Thicker, the inside diameter is Smaller. May need to increase size of conduit? It will change Wire fill.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are Schedule 40 and Schedule 80 ratings for pipe? [ 15 Answers ]

Ok, pvc is temperature restricted to 140 F so no hot water, cpvc can be used in the house. What is schedule 40 and schedule 80?

Schedule C or Schedule E [ 1 Answers ]

My husband receives a 1099 from a company for his sales but he is incorporated as a S- Corp with another person. He gets weekly checks through the S -Corp no matter what has hit the bank in his name from the other company. At the end of the year, do we ignore the 1099 and put all his income on a...

Schedule A Deductions and Schedule C - No AGI [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a sole proprietor (an electrician) and after finishing schedule c I basically had very little profit to report from the business. With no other Adj Gross Inc, I started to figure my itemized deductions, but with no Adj Gross Inc, how can I best use my itemized deductions? Thanks,

Schedule C [ 6 Answers ]

It says that Schedule C allows to deduct Partial cost of your cell phone. Partial cost of your personally-owned computer/laptop (if used for business). Partial cost of your Internet Service provider (if used for business). Business use of your home/apartment How is "Partial" calculated...

Getting dog on our schedule [ 1 Answers ]

He is a 7 month old black lab male. He has to go pee at least twice a night at approx 3am and again at 6am. We also let him out beofre bed at approx 10-11pm. The last couple of nights he has had to go pooP right at 6am. The other night he was really wanting out of the bedroom, he took all his toys...

View more questions Search