Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oddyse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2008, 12:21 AM
    Reconfiguring a netgear router
    After Aol main computer went down ny riyter setting need to be reconfigured how do I do this?. I can't ring them as I'm only using broadband and don't have a phone :(
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Oct 15, 2008, 10:29 AM

My Netgear router came with a CD-ROM that includes a program that guides the user through the configuration.

Have you searched for a manual to download at NETGEAR Support Home Page ? You night need to check the labeling on your router to learn which model number it is. The manual for my router was included as a PDF on the CD-ROM that came with the router.

It's hard to be specific without knowing which router you have, which computer operating system you are using and which web browser you are familiar with.

Many routers can be manualy set up by using an IP address in the address bar of your web browser. The set up for the model of Netgear modem I own is accessible at NETGEAR Support Home Page and NETGEAR Support Home Page (note to other readers: the router apparently acts as a DNS server to keep these requests from actually getting past the router. In many browsers the URL will be visible in the browser's status bar when your mouse pointer is on the links). These two "web sites" aren't actually on the Internet, they are part of the firmware in the router. A pop-up asks for a log-in name and password. The default log-in and password is admin/password. It is highly recommended you change both of those if you plan on using the router's wireless access point (if it's a wireless router). Make sure you make a record of the new settings and keep track of their location.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Netgear WGR614v6 router and Macbook Pro OSX [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to install my netgear router wgr614v6 on my Macbook Pro OSX so that I can function wirelessly without having to purchase a new router. Is this possible? If so how? Many thanks, MacLady

Netgear mr814 wireless router [ 1 Answers ]

I have set up my wireless router, and I cannot see it on the connections screen for my wireless laptop... I see plenty of other wireless routers, just not mine. Please help.

Reconfiguring my router for the Nintendo Wii [ 7 Answers ]

Hey guys, I have recently bought an Nintendo wii and I keep getting an error that it cannot connect. After browsing a few help sites for the Wii I discovered that I have to switch my router into mixed (whatever that means) I have already tried to put 192.168.1.1 in my internet explorer, but he...

Reconfigure netgear router [ 2 Answers ]

How do I reconfigure my netgear WGR614v2 to use a different gateway address than 192.168.0.1 ?

View more questions Search