Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amyemme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 11:56 AM
    Do not put anything with a violet base. Mix purple paint with red paint... Get my drift. Nothing more than a darker burgandy hair color. Green is the only thing that gets out red tones, and you must go darker, tint does not lift tint.
    SunnyDays2Day Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2010, 01:43 AM
    Ash can turn your hair green if there is no red in it. I believe ash will turn your hair green if you mix it with a purple based coloring. Ash removes red and neutralizes it.
    morganleffay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 04:16 AM
    Its not the best thing to keep dying your hair so the easiest way would be for you to just bleach it. It will turn a gross mixture of light colors but then you can dye it a medium brown dye and it will be fine without the red tones. I had the same problem
    Sherrie58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 04:25 AM
    Ash will only turn hair green when you are going from blonde to brown without the proper red fillers. If you wish to go to brown from blonde you would use the following Clairol method - choose 108 - wet your hair and put just the color pack on your hair - do not put the activator in the color - let it set for 15 min. -do not rinse - then choose 118A neutral med brown - mix the color, activator and put an even amount of shampoo in as the amount of color - mix together and apply to your hair - check your hair every 5 min. until you have the color you are looking for. This mix will give you a nice golden brown (brown with red highlights). My experience in going to dark is once you go dark - you have to see a professional and it takes several visits before they can return the color and luster to your hair (did that in my 30's).
    hollywood_werk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2010, 09:09 AM
    Mine did the same thing and my mum is going to flip
    gglxxxooo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2011, 01:59 AM
    That same thing happened to me (the same hair product and everything) and I dyed it dark brown with clairol. Its OK looking (kind of redishy but otherwise alright) But I`m going to get it stripped... xx
    Lett14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2011, 02:39 PM
    I thought I'd get my gray bits done 3 days ago, got home after and it's a dark dark color with red tints, so I went back to the hairdressers and she said she'd fix it no problem well its slighty less red but darker still, she used an ash color by the way, anyway it looks terrible so me and my wife on the advice of a top hairdresser we know who lives in another country dyed it with a perm dark brown to get rid of the red, it now looks almost black and artificial, I went to get to medium brown if not I'll have to get a skinhead, I'm a man so its not so bad but I don't really want to have my hair cut off, but I'm going to get so much piss taking its unbelievable! Help!
    meherm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2011, 10:36 PM
    Try this product - it worked for me
    http://www.5min.com/Video/Beauty-Truth-Test-Color-Oops-hair-color-remover-94330604
    Ing32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2012, 04:00 AM
    (When I was much younger) My blonde hair turned a dark brown/green when no red pigment was in the brown I was using. Lack of red produces green. I am having the same problem as Nick1616 at the moment, and through experience, I can say a semi (demi) perm medium ash brown sounds spot on. Thanks Pretty lady!
    jreichard Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 07:47 PM
    This used to happen to me I found a color I have stuck to by loreal its called havanna brown. Never turns red looks natural and has built in highlights. Someone told me to stay away from anything warm or has the word golden in it.
    krisakrisa444 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 05:36 PM
    I would suggest trying a darker brown hairdye but use a semi demi permanent dye so if the color doesn't turn out the wsy you want it will come out quick
    redtones Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 06:54 AM
    I also have trouble with the red tones in my hair-it runs in my family, thanks to my mom, but that's OK. I have tried Loreal a couple of times and each time it turns my hair red. May be using the wrong color, but I will not use it anymore. I still continue to stick with Nice and Easy, Light Ash Brown, if I can find it. I still at times will use the Gray Solution and it does a great job, but a little more expensive. So my choice is the Nice and Easy by Clairol. Love it!! And even a little less expensive!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

Removing Dark Hair Color [ 33 Answers ]

I have colored my hair at home for the last year. It has gotten almost black and I want a more medium brown. My 3 inch roots are the way I want my color but I'm getting anxious about the rest of it. I have read about all kinds of home remedies... prell, dawn dish det. etc. they just don't seem to...

Blonde highlights with dark brown hair [ 6 Answers ]

I just got my hair highlighted blonde/gold today but it's not as subtle as I had hoped. How do I make it fade to a more subtle color as quickly as possible without returning to the salon? Would Prell work?

Removing dark hair color [ 5 Answers ]

hello everyone, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me cos my hairs driving me mad! I used to have bleach blond hair until last year when I died it mid brown at the hairdressers, since then I've bin getting it done regularly n now its really dark brown that also has a red color in...

Hair turned yellow, need help! [ 2 Answers ]

I had a dark blondish hair color.. with light highlights.. I decided to change my color.. I wanted my hair all one color.. a lightish blonde, but I have a very low budget so I decided to do it myself and went to the store and bought a blonde hair color (Clairol - Born Blonde 'Original').. it...

View more questions Search