Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 30, 2006, 09:23 PM
    Mucus plug
    I'm slightly concerned that I might be losing bits and pieces of my mucus plug. I had an incedent a couple of weeks ago when I passed something about the size of a dime though I didn't get a really good look at it. About a week ago I wiped and found a bit of what looked like cornstarch when you mix it with water and get a gelitaine type substance. Then tonight I went to the bathroom and looked when I got up to flush the toilet and saw what resembled a small piece of stirafoam. The twins have been sitting really low this past week. I was just wanting some opinions as to what this could be? I don't want to have them dropping yet it's still waaaay to early for that and I don't want to be losing that plug since it helps keep everything safe and in place. I do have a dr appt tomorrow morning but I'll probably be able to get on here first since I wake up so early. I hope that I'm just imagining things and that everything is all right... Any opinions or comments will be much appreciated. If you have questions or need further clarification please ask. I have tried looking info up but I'm out of patience for that now since I haven't gotten anywhere. This has all happened in the last month or so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's just discharge and nothing more than normal. Thanks in advance.
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

May 30, 2006, 11:39 PM
    My wife lost her mucus plug with are twins at 22weeks.
    She carried to 38 weeks.

May 31, 2006, 07:33 AM
    That makes me feel a whole lot better... did the babies drop earlier too?

May 31, 2006, 10:35 AM
    I just got back from the dr and he moved my next appt up two weeks. He seemed worried. I'm also doing my glucose test early. He did do a pelvic and everything was OK except he felt a foot when he did it. I don't know how normal that is. I'm only 24 weeks and I'm now measuring 33 weeks. He says that it's because of the way they are sitting... kind of in a T one is vertical the other is laying horazontally on top of her brother. I'm more worried now than before I went to the dr. He was also concerned about how much swelling there is. All my vitals were great and so far I've only gained 16lbs which he said was fine. I'm wondering if maybe I'm farther along than we thought which would put me at 28weeks if I'm a month further ahead than we thought. I don't think I have gestational diabetes since I'm on the hypoglysimic (spelling) side. I hope that someone will have a better idea of what is going on than I do. Because I'm really in the dark on this one.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 31, 2006, 11:55 AM
    Well, I have never had twins, but my best friend who I am in nursing school did and I just phoned her and read these posts. She had similar circumstances. She measured about 9 weeks further along than she really was. Everyone seems to be under the impression that twins are born rather small, you know, around 4 pounds. Well, she did not have gest. Diabetes, whe was just retaining water and wher boys were born they both weighed around 7 pounds each.

She had her boys here in the Memphis area 11 years ago, but she remembers well what you seem to be going through. Maybe your twins will be born larger than they currently "seem" to measure. Hope everything goes well. And she said not to worry, the docs in this area are really great!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2006, 01:58 PM
    Hey hun, hope everything is OK. Since he only moved you up to 2 weeks apart instead of 1 week maybe he is just wanting to keep an eye on you and make sure you don't develop hypertension or gestational diabetes. I think when it ocmes to twins they just lean on the cautious side of things, you know? Soundslike your weight is good though, so maybe you are further along then you thought. They thought that I was either further along, or was having twins with my little boy, but it turned out that he was just a big baby. 8 lbs 21 1/2 inches. So maybe you just got big healthy babies. I know this probably didn't help much, buti'm prayin for you and keep us posted, hope all turns out well.

May 31, 2006, 03:33 PM
    With my daughters they both weighed under 6lbs. The oldest was 4lbs 2.5oz my second was 5lbs 14oz. I hope that they weight at least that much. I'm just very worried that something is wrong. With my oldest I did almost this same thing except I gained 50lbs and went iron deficient with her. I think that I will ask to be induced on sept first. I'll be 37weeks and my dr isn't going to let me go past 38 anyway, so I figure since I had both my singleton babies at 37 why not have the twins then too. I can however tell which one is moving when they do move.. They don't really have all that much room to move anymore. I'm kind of concerned that there may be three but that would have shown on an u/s by now I would think. I hope that everything goes OK during the u/s... thank you everyone for your feedback... I'll keep you posted. Did I mention that the dr felt a foot during the pelvic exam? That's when he told us that he wants us in in two weeks instead of four

Jun 4, 2006, 11:36 PM
    Yes they dropped early they put her on bed rest for 12 weeks
    They both weighed 6 lbs 3 oz and 6 lbs 9 oz
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

Jun 5, 2006, 05:28 AM
    Myth, just try to take it as easy as you can, stay off your feet as much as possible, REST and do your best not to stress over things( yeah right I know that is hard)
    The better you are to yourself right now the better things will be for the babies in the long run.
    I'm sending you good thoughts and warm hugs along with well wishes,
    Take care of you sweetie.
    Amy

Jun 5, 2006, 10:13 AM
    Thank you all for your support... I would love to be able to just lounge around but it's driving me nuts at the moment. I have to get some exercise or labor is going to be really hard. I also can't just lay there cause then I get to really hurting in my joints so I have to get up and move around. My legs are getting to the point where they are staying swollen most of the time. Kind of worried about that, but that seems pretty typical too. So my next appointment is on June 14th and hopefully we'll know more then. I have my next u/s then too. Thanks again all. Have a great day... I think I'm going to eat and go back to bed and sleep the rest of the week away... lol

Jun 5, 2006, 09:23 PM
    I wish you the best of luck with this.

Jun 15, 2006, 03:41 AM
    Well just thought I would update a bit... I saw my dr yesterday and failed my glucose test... he's not worried he said it's cause there's two... I got to see the little ones and confirmed that it's a boy and a girl. The boy weighs 1lb 13oz and the girl 1lb 12oz. They have finally decided that the T shape wasn't giving them enough room to really kick the hell out of me so now twin a (boy) is head down and twin b (girl) is breach. I'm hoping she decides to flip over in the couple of months left, and that he stays in position. The whole reason the dr moved my appt. up was to make sure that one wasn't growing faster than the other. They seem to be right on schedule for 25.5 weeks of growth if maybe a bit on the large side... not sure. I think that's it for now... If I remember anything I'll post again... lol
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2006, 10:30 AM
    That is wonderful! Sounds like they are growing beautifully! I'm so excited for you!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 15, 2006, 10:55 AM
    Wow, Myth.. that's great that it's one of each. It does sound like you've got a conscientious clinician and you're in good hands. It's so exciting the way you keep us up-to-date. I hope you feel like keeping a history of your stages for yourself and other mothers-to-be with twins. Your experience is more than what I see on any sites. They don't cover much on the 'twin' side.

Thanks dear, and please keep us posted.

Jun 15, 2006, 11:32 AM
    Not a problem... lol.. I don't have much else to do at this point... lol... I hate bed rest for me, but the little ones are loving it. It is getting hard to breath when I lay down too. I'm trying to find a remedy for that but you know I don't think I will except birth... lol
    chelsiebug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2010, 07:11 AM
    I am 30 weeks with twins and I am losing my mucus plug now and having the bloody show but I have not yet delivered the twins.. I have been having constractions fot about 3 days but dr said that is normal.. he told me relax and drink lots of water. I also has my daughter at 37 weeks 2 yrs ago. Twin pregnancy is different to me then my singleleton pregnancy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten passing mucus [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, We got a four month old kitten today - she appears happy and lively and has a good appetite. However, over the last hour or so, we have noticed that she passes a lot of mucus, her back end is soaking wet and the mucus is literally dripping off her. There is no blood or foul smell. I will...

Mix match plug and receptacle [ 5 Answers ]

Can I wire a 20 amp, 3 pole, 4 wire grounding locking plug to a 50 amp 2 pole 3 wire receptacle? I would like to use a portable generator in a remote area.

Gfi plug [ 1 Answers ]

The GFI plug in my guest bath is about 3 months old. Yesterday it reset and I noticed that some of my plugs were not working. I hit the test button and the yellow light came on and when I hit reset, the light went off but my other plugs were still "dead". I plugged a lamp into the bottom switch...

Mucous plug [ 8 Answers ]

I am 39 weeks and 4 days and I haven't lost my mucous plug yet, does anyone know if this means I still have a while to go or is it normal for some women to not experience this until labor??

View more questions Search