Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grandmommy55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Adopting my grand daughter
    I have raised and supported my 8 year old grand daughter for 7 years.recently,my daughter has given me guardianship,custody,and termination of parental rights for adoption.this is all filed in the court.a children's service court appointed lady came check my home,and speak with my grand daughter. She wrote a very nice letter to the court,and asked me if I were going to pursue adoption,which she agreed I should. This is what I and my grand daughter are praying to accomplish.I just need some knowledge and guidance on where to go from here. Thank you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 14, 2008, 12:39 PM

If this has all been filed with the court, the court should be setting a hearing date. At that time, the judge will, in all lilkelihood, sign off on the adoption.
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 15, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Congratulations! And what a lovely person you are for taking your grandbaby in... If you've obviously had the homestudy or been "checked out" by CPS, you've gotten the parental rights signed over which is most often the difficult part.
    Your next move is to get the adoption papers, fill them out and file them at the courthouse. You can either do this yourself, use a document prep service like below, or go through a lawyer. They'll then assign you a courtdate of which you and your granddaughter will show up at, and the judge will sign the papers and your baby will be yours legally!
    Best of luck to you!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 16, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by div2wice View Post
    Your next move is to get the adoption papers, fill them out and file them at the courthouse.
    Umm did you not read that this has already been filed? As I said, its just a matter of waiting for the court date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adopting my daughter [ 3 Answers ]

How could my husband adopt my daughter in order to have paternity right. Does my daughters biological father has to agree with the process although its been a year he hasn't seen her but he is in the birth certificate.

Adopting my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could help me out I would like to know how & how hard it is for my husband to be able to adpot my daughter? My daughter's bioloical father is on the birth certificate,I live in albert,canada but her biological father only comes around once every few months & has just...

Adopting my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wanting to know if my husband can legally adopt my daughter. Her biological father.. I call him her "sperm donor" has not been in my life since I was 2 months pregnant & he has never been in hers. I have no idea where he is.. no social security #.. nothing... I tried to get legal full custody...

Adopting my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Can my boyfrind adopt my daughter who does not have a farther on her birth record?

Adopting my Daughter [ 2 Answers ]

My husband would like to adopt our three year old child. Her biological father is not part of her life due to legal reasons and the nature of a crime. I have been notified via email by him that he wants nothing to do with her and that he does not consider her his child. When I gave birth to her I ...

View more questions Search