Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2006, 01:42 PM
    Upstairs too hot, downstairs too cold
    I live in a 2-story house built in 1949 that has a forced air heating and air conditioning system. Of the 4 rooms upstairs, the 2 largest ones do not get cool enough. At the same time, the first floor is plenty cool and the basement is frigid. What is the most cost-effective and simple way to remedy this problem?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2006, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greta
    upstairs too hot, downstairs too cold
    But the basement is just right!

:)
    caibuadday Posts: 460, Reputation: 10

May 31, 2006, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greta
    I live in a 2-story house built in 1949 that has a forced air heating and air conditioning system. Of the 4 rooms upstairs, the 2 largest ones do not get cool enough. At the same time, the first floor is plenty cool and the basement is frigid. What is the most cost-effective and simple way to remedy this problem?
    Have you try reduce the air flow to the basement and the first floor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Downstairs wash tub backup [ 1 Answers ]

My washing machine is next to a 2-bin wash tub in my basement and discharges into it on the rinse cycle. Lately the wash tub has been backing up. I have tried to put lint traps on the washing machine discharge hose to keep lint from going down the drain. This becomes a hassle. I recently tried...

Urine smell in downstairs bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

WE have a bathroom downstairs that has a strong urine smell coming from the shower , either under the shower or in the drain. What can I do about this to figure out why this is happening? Val

Help, no heat downstairs... [ 11 Answers ]

We have a twin zone system (seperate ground and first floor heating) the 1st floor will heat up to 20c+ with no problem, but the ground floor will not go over 15c?? The room stat on the ground floor is OK. The motorised valve for the ground floor opens/closes OK Boiler was replaced last...

Downstairs Leak from Upstairs Shower [ 1 Answers ]

Our upstairs shower is apparently leaking into our dining room directly below it. It looks like the previous homeowner attempted to fix the problem as there is a hole in the dining room celing that was filled with plaster. I'm sure it's the shower, because it only leaks when the shower is on. ...

Too hot upstairs too cold in the basment! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to fix a problem in my house. There is only one thermostat and it is on the main floor but heat rises! So upstairs is really hot! In the basement it's really cold! What is the best way to fix this? I am renovating the basement so I would like to fix this before I cover the ducts up. I...

View more questions Search