Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcherrymom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 09:08 AM
    Trying to get pregnant
    I already have 3 children my youngest is 4 years. Two months ago I had surgery for fibroid tumors. I have been trying every since then to have another child. I'm A little worried that I can't have anymore children. Please help
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 14, 2008, 11:58 AM

Fibroids can be an issue, but without a doctor there is no way to tell.

I suggest calling your OB/GYN for a preconception meeting to address your concerns.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Now that you have had the fibroids removed, hopefully that will clear the way for pregnancy. However, keep in mind that it takes most couples, barring complications, up to one year to conceive naturally. It is such a hard thing tohave to be patient and wait for, especially when you have been waiting for so long.But now that you have had the fibroids removed,you need to try and have a more of that patience that you've been using the last several years. It may happen next month, or maybe not for quite a few months in the future. They suggest you seek medical advice after you have been trying for a year. However if you are concerned over it, talk to your doctor, perhaps there is something you can work out. In the mean time try not to stress(as that can deter your goal of pregnancy ) Also you can try using opk's (ovulation predictor kits) and try bbt (basal body temperature. Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - FertilityFriend.com) to help you figure out when you ovulate and best times for trying your luck at concieving etc. Mainly just remember to have fun with it. You don't want concieving to become a job, rather then a process of bringing forth one of the greatest joys in life, another child. As I said, talk with your doctor about your best options at this point, perhaps since it has been several years of trying they will want to put you on clomid or something, or perhaps they will want to wait a bit to see if the removal of the fibroids will have cleared the way for you.Good luck to you, I hope that you get your pregnancy wishes soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Why can't I get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

I've tried to get pregnant for a couple months now and nothing happends. Is it because there's a problem with me or with my husband?

Am I pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

OK I have a problem.. I don't know if I'm pregnant or not.. I had sexual intercose wth my exboifriend 7-7-07 and I used the pull out method. I have heard that precum can get you pregnant. I have been losing my appetite and getting sore nipples. Are these symptoms that could mean that I am pregnant?

View more questions Search