Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilshortybadass Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Where do I get my rental history information
    I rented a one bedroom duplex while I was attending Tx A& M University when got into some financial trouble. I informed the land lord that I could not afford the little house any more and asked if I could pay a reletting fee or something to get out of the lease. She gave me a week to get out and we went our sepparate ways. Now almost seven years later I'm trying to move and I can't because there is an eviction on my record. I have no way to contact her; I don't even remember her name. What do I do to get to the bottom of this?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Hello lil:

What's to get to the bottom of? You thought she told you the truth. She didn't.

I don't know what "record" you're talking about. There isn't any central data base listing your "record", unless it's your credit report. That's probably where it's listed.

Order a copy of 'em - ALL three, and follow the instructions for challenging the incorrect entries.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 14, 2008, 09:46 AM
    I find it hard to believe you can't find a place to rent because you were evicted 7 years ago as a student. In the ensuing 7 years how many places have you lived? Whether you have lived in one place that whole time would negate the one eviction. Or if you have lived a few places, each ending amicably, would also negtate the eviction. Maybe the place you want to rent is being a stickler and rejecting you, but I'm sure you can find other places. Just tell them up front, that you have this evicition on your record and how it got there, but you have references from other landlords.

But, as excon said, if the eviction is on your record, its either on your credit report or at the court where it was obtained. You can ask the lanfdlord that rejected you where he found out about it.
    firstsym Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2008, 01:43 PM

He/she is right. I just found out yesterday that I had two evictions from previous apartment complex and that is incorrect. Right before my my lease was up I went to court to dispute a fee. I agreed to pay what was agreed upon. I found out yesterday they put two evictions out on me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental History [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, How do I go about checking and disputing rental history. I check all three of my credit reports (Equifax, Trans Union, and Experian) and I don't see anything about an eviction, but the apartment complex that I applied to say that I have that I have two on my record. I spoke with my...

Looking for information on someone history [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how could I find history on someone. I'm trying to find out who all someone talked to on the computer and what all sites this person is signed up on or been on. Its been deleted from my computer, so I was wondering if there was any other way I could find out?

2-yr. Bad rental history [ 10 Answers ]

A year ago my family rented an apt. in Delaware, and unfortunately, due to my awaiting disability benefits, we fell behind and owe about $4000. We went to court, and the only money judgment is for $1,300 - (the rest of the money is being disputed, as the court dismissed the case because the amt....

Rental History [ 3 Answers ]

I rented a public housing apartment 8 years ago when I was in college. Sometimes I did not pay the rent until I get legal papers telling me to go to court. I did this about three times, not realizing that even when I later paid the rent, it stayed on the court records as an eviction. So now I...

Rental History being withheld [ 2 Answers ]

We had a 1 yr. lease that expired almost 5 months ago and were at that time asked to re-sign another 1 yr lease. The Realtor said she would contact us when to come in and re-sign, she never called.At first we didn't mind because we knew our rent was always paid early, we never had any major...

View more questions Search