Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blueiman Posts: 158, Reputation: 5

May 30, 2006, 11:38 AM
    Why does she think I'm strange
    We were going away for the day to a pool party. I asked my girlfriend if it was OK if I put my car in her garage. She was looking at me like why would you do that... so I explained its going to be 90 plus and I thought it would be a good idea to keep it out of the baking sun.
    Later at the end of the day. She asked me why I had to put my car in her garage. She looked at me and said what I did was straight. Aren’t cars supposed to be designed to stay outside and take the heat? I mean she seems to make a big deal about this and I could not understand why she was doing this.
    Then she slams me with... when we where at the party I was not social enough. Again she thought that was weird to. But, I told her wait a minute I was talking to all kinds of people. She said, well I did not see you talking only sitting there doing nothing. We where outside enjoying a pool party.
    Then, she gets on me about eating too much at the party. I said eating too much what do you mean. She said, you had hamburger, hotdog, and two sausages. I said no, I did not have the hamburger. Anyway again, I could not understand why she was doing this. I asked her and she said, see I can never talk to you about what is bothering me so forget it. I told her sure talk to me. But, don’t make me feel weird. Then she, got up left the room because I would not stop talking about it. What!
    Does anyone know or understand what this is about because I do not understand it. Any ideas on why she was blasting me with this crap?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 30, 2006, 11:42 AM
    Sounds to me like she may have some insecurities that she is taking out on you, you know just like the money thing. How long have you been together? Live together? Ages? These questions I am asking could all have a bearing on which way I may go with my answers.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2006, 11:57 AM
    I agree... you're being WAY to insecure with her - GIVE it back to her... answer HER with questions - DON'T GIVE her straight answers here - bust on her!! She's killing you man. You're way too uptight here. She's killing you!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 30, 2006, 12:13 PM
    Wildcat could very well, be right, but I hate to answer your questions with other questions, however, if I know the answers to my questions above, I could possibly guide you easier.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 30, 2006, 12:13 PM
    I agree with the others... whatever "it" is that is bothering her, I don't think she is really talking about it.

This may be another example of not properly identifying the problem. So what you get stuck with is dealing with the endless array of symptoms.

Better sit down and, in as calm a manner as possible, get to the bottom of it.

I hope this helps.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2006, 12:28 AM
    God she sounds confused... and strange... she's strange not you!!
    Was she on - time on the month? Lol
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2006, 12:56 AM
    RickJ - this is another one :(
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

May 31, 2006, 07:12 PM
    She is emotionally abusing you. Stop taking it from her. Tell her upfront in no uncertain terms that you're not going to stand for it anymore and she's to treat you with the respect and dignity that any human being owes another. IF she doesn't like it, then so long sweetheart! She's not worth it.
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2006, 12:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_cianci
    She is emotionally abusing you. Stop taking it from her. Tell her upfront in no uncertain terms that you're not going to stand for it anymore and she's to treat you with the respect and dignity that any human being owes another. IF she doesn't like it, then so long sweetheart! She's not worth it.

Nice one!! Emotionally abusing you - can't think of a better way of puttin it.. well done S_Cianci.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 1, 2006, 08:35 AM
    Usually pepole who abuse have been abused. If you take her abuse then you allow her to continue the cycle. Stand your own ground! You don't have to be in an abusive relationship.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 1, 2006, 09:07 AM
    I have gone through and read most of your other posts concerning this woman and I got to say ditch the twitch and get on with life your not doing yourself any favors by being a door mat. Your not doing her any favors by allowing yourself to be treated this way. How long till she runs your credit into the ground, yourself esteem. How long before you become the poor guy walking around walmart saying yes dear, OK dear, if that will make you happy dear... while you stand there miserable?? Time to take a good hard look at what the future holds if you continue to allow this to happen.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 7, 2006, 04:56 PM
    Dear blue... I agree with Myth all the way. It's time for you to get your self-respect, your finances, and mental health all in order. To do this, you should pack everything else you have, put them all in the car, and drive toward the sunset. Stay with family and/or friends for a while for additional support.

No, it's not a movie, it's your life! You need to retrieve control over your life and the sooner, the better.

It might be hard at first, but you know that we all survive breakups, and being alone for a while is better than staying with abusers.

Read all of your previous threads about how you've been treated by her and your choice should not be difficult to make.

When are you going to realize enough is enough!

Good luck, keep us posted.

orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2006, 08:11 PM
    Can't give out anymore reputation today, but I agree with what Myth, Chery, s_cianci, and others have said... she sounds controlling and it's time for you to stick up for yourself and / or dump her! Think of it this way: if your genders were reversed, and she was the guy, everyone would say it was abuse that might eventually escalate to battering. I know a friend of mine had a boyfriend who acted a LOT like your girlfriend... made her feel like her every move was wrong, made her feel like ****, like nothing, and as a result kept her down where he wanted her. Later on he did start hitting her. Your girlfriend may not start physically hitting you, but she's already hitting you in your self-esteem and your heart. You deserve way better.
    Serpentina77 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jun 8, 2006, 01:45 PM
    Before saying she's emotionally abusive, maybe you need to review that night.

Something is definitely bothering her. It's not necessarily you, but this is how a lot of people cope with it. I don't think it has anything to do with her thinking you are weird, it's more than something is biting her and she is taking it out on you.

When I was younger I remember having a boyfriend who I always picked on. It was mean but I didn't notice it. What was bothering me was that he was touching me too much, so I'd pick on him to make him avoid me. I realize that now.

Maybe her comments about you not really talking with people or spending a lot of time eating, is really about HER. Maybe she said you weren't talking to anyone because she felt you weren't talking to her enough, maybe she said you spent too much time eating so much because you were eating instead of spending time with her. She might even go out on a limb and think you were just using her garage to keep your car cool and a stupid thing like that.

I could be wrong but she's definitely insecure. Don't be too hasty to leave her, find out what's really wrong. The way she reacted obviously suggests it's something bigger than you "being weird" or maybe it's something very small that's driving her crazy!

Good luck. And if it does continue, then just get out of it. Love is about fighting to make it better, not fighting just to fight.
    blueiman Posts: 158, Reputation: 5

Jun 23, 2006, 11:44 AM
    Thanks to all here for the comments. I appreciate them all...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Strange Cat [ 7 Answers ]

My mums cat does strange things. She is a happily normal and healthy cat BUT she never poops in her litter NEVER,always in the spare bathroom where her litter is but never in it, always besides it or by the door. This is so bizarre. She is 4 yrs old and has been doing so shortly after my mum got...

Very strange bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Im 16 years old and I just started taking birthcontrol pills a month ago. I started the first day of my period and for the whole month I took it I never stopped bleeding.. my period usually lasts for about a week no more but ever since I started using them I didn't stop bleeding. I finally gave up...

J1 strange refund? [ 6 Answers ]

I was a exchange visitors-internship-with J1. I filed the form 1040NR EZ.My income for one year was about 12300. :( And by the form I supposed to receive refund about 260, but colegues received about 800?? What did I do wrong?? I thought that as J1 internship I shouldn't pay too much taxes?? ...

Am I Strange? [ 12 Answers ]

hi I am a male and I am going to be 15 in April.During the last few weeks/months I have been masterbating every 2 or 3 days but I have never actually "cummed". I like girls and everything and get an erection often- at school in front of this girl I have just started going out with and at other...

Strange object... [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 17 year old male and I was recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. A feew weeks ago I noticed something near my anus... well actually right at the end of my tail bone. It's a round lump and its very hard. I can even move it around, like its just there under my skin attached to nothing....

View more questions Search