Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dee Henderhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 05:55 AM
    Can permanent hair coloring cause hair to fall out at the roots?
    Can using a permanent hair color cause hair to fall out at the roots?
    tomoros_dream Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 01:08 PM

From personal experience I can say this will only happen if you treat your hair EXTREMELY badly. Make sure you wait as long as possible in between retouches i.e. 8 weeks MINIMUM and keep bleaching your hair down to 3 months between each time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Uneven Hair Coloring due to primarily grey roots [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am a first timer and I hope you can help. After the recent birth of my son, I unfortunately had to cut back on some expensives which included my hair stylist and I have been dying my hair on my own with the help of my mom. I have been dying my hair with Ion Color Brilliance Permanent Liquid...

Demi permanent roots fading faster than rest of hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys! I have a question about demi-permanent dye. I have long redish brown hair. I dyed my hair with a demi-permanent (Clairol) dark brown. I love the color, however I am experiencing a slight difficulty. My roots (it has only been about 2 weeks, so I know it is not grow-out) are fading...

Dry and frizzy hair from leaving hair coloring on too long. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I usually color my hair every four weeks to cover up the gray. I use the same color " medium copper brown" which is a little lighter than my natural color. The last time I colored my hair, I left it on for too long, almost an hour, I was talking on the telephone and didn't notice the...

How to remove permanent hair coloring at home [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir,Madam: I need advice on removing a brown hair coloring from my hair. I have washed all the coloring out I can in the last 3 months. And I now have my gray/white hair grown out to about 3 inches from my scalp. I have about 4 inches of hair with the brown color still in my hair yet. I...

Hair Coloring - Dying auburn hair with grey roots [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice for dying already dyed auburn hair with massive grey roots. I heard that using an ash color will diminish the brassiness.

View more questions Search