Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkir386 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 01:23 PM
    How do I deal with this sexual encounter? I am distraught.
    I have not told my friends or family about this.

I went to one of my friends house over the weekend. I was there under the assumption that it was just going to be she and I there, a relatively "safe" environment, hanging out alone. We started drinking, and after a few strong drinks, I became really intoxicated. Her boyfriend came over(I did not expect that he would be coming over) by the time we were very out of it. I remember at some point he was trying to physically pull me into the bedroom with the both of them to engage in some sexual acts, but I kept resisting. He also at some point took my cell phone and hid it. Eventually I was passed out in bed with them, how, when or why I got there-I do not remember. I awoke in bed to him touching me, and I did tried pushing him away and telling him no, but he would just continue with what he was doing. I was still feeling very intoxicated at this point, and I just remember being very tired. He forced himself on me, and despite my attempts to push him off, he was much bigger than I was, and putting a lot of pressure on me and I couldn't get him to stop. So I just laid there, practically numb to everything that was going on. He was completely sober, because he doesn't drink.

I've come across a lot of people who seem to believe that this was my fault, because I was drunk, and there really isn't much I can do about it anyway because of that. I have been a complete mess about this the past few days and I feel really gross and I do not know what steps I need to take about this. I would have never, ever, EVER let this kind of thing happen normally. I almost feel like, if I were sober, I would have had more strength to make him stop. I don't know... Anyway, I am looking for advice.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 01:38 PM
    Hello nikkir:

According to the law, you were raped. Drunk people are UNABLE to consent. Therefore, call the cops. It wasn't your fault. Victims are never responsible for the crime perpetrated upon them.

excon
    hannah_nicole Posts: 163, Reputation: 13

Oct 13, 2008, 01:53 PM
    He raped you - you said no. The first step to take is telling friends and family. Once you realise you have a strong support base your feelings of shame will be appeased and the next step in reporting this will be easier. Please speak out! What if this happens to someone else down the track. It is important that it is at least recorded that this guy is a sexual predator.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 01:57 PM

I agree with everyone here. Report it! Who knows who he might do this to next?
    Revival Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Oct 13, 2008, 02:05 PM

You were raped, and your friend as well as her boyfriend will be charged. But you have to go to the cops with this before its too late.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2008, 02:16 PM

You needed to call the cops as soon as you got away from there, But even now, you call the police and report them,

This is rape and there is no excuse for this
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 13, 2008, 02:22 PM

I agree with everyone here, you were taken advantage of. It almost sounds as if this was planned. I also agree that you should press charges
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 03:06 PM

The most important thing from this whole sordid mess is for you to learn something.

You got raped.

If you are of age, you making a big deal about it will only make you look like you were complicit and crying rape because you were drunk and experimented sexually and now want to blame someone else. You didn't go to the police immediately after, so you have no rape kit for proof.

If you are a kid, 14 to 17, tell your mother so she can call the police.

If you are of age, you will look bad to whoever you tell no matter what the reality was. Don't make a big drama.

Find a person like a reputable pastor to talk to about this incident *as soon as you can* so you can unload your emotions. :)

Best wishes to you in the future,
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 03:27 PM

That's called RAPE and BOTH of them did it.

Go to the police Immediately!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 03:43 PM

It does not matter that you were drunk.

You were raped. Period.

As the husband of a woman who was raped as a teen and again as a woman, id suggest to tell the people who blame you to f&*k off and make this b@stard pay the price.

Seriously... we make some dumb decisions along that way that expose us to the evil in this world... but that in NO WAY makes what happened to you OK.

You were raped.

You need to talk to your parents about this. You need to talk to the police. You need to talk to someone who can help you through this noise that you did not ask for and did not deserve.

Please... the "easy" path isn't to try to bury this.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 04:11 PM

This person house you was at isn't your friend and what did this friend say about this ordeal?

Know that this situation wasn't your fault and you didn't deserve this. As KP said, don't keep this bottle up tell someone and talk to a counselor, they can help you a lot. For now on watch the company you keep because you never know what people have planned and who knows if this was or wasn't. It's sad that you went through this but don't let them get away with this. Who knows what they did while you was passed out. Tell your parents and tell the cops.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 11:49 AM
    As the other people said, report it ASAP, but also use this as an prime example of why alcohol (or drugs) is nobodies friend.

Trouble is never far away when copious ammounts of alcohol (or any drugs) are consumed.

Nov 12, 2008, 11:17 AM

Remove this thread please!!

Nov 12, 2008, 11:18 AM

I have had people recently searching my username, because I use it for other things, and they have found my thread! This must be removed!!
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 12:15 PM

You have not done anything wrong, I hope that you see that. You need to talk to your parents.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Keep in mind this isn't a private blog... what gets posted almost always remains posted, assuming its contains advice useful to others. And your real name isn't your username anyway. Why sweat it. Its already archived and indexed by the search engines, and web archives and you can't make those go away.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 02:05 PM

Guess that is a word to the wise about using the same screenname as the IM names you use elsewhere. Too bad.
    ref_za Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2008, 04:39 AM

I know alcohol affects different people in different ways, but it almost sounds like this was something they planned and as if you were drugged. If this girl or her boyfriend poured your drinks or had easy access to your glass, it would have been easy for one of them to slip something into your drink. Alcohol generally doesn't sap your strength and what you're describing sounds very much like the effects of a date rape drug like Rohypnol. Sorry to hear about this experience man, I would suggest some counselling or at the very least you should find someone you trust to talk to. Worst thing in the world is to go through it alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I deal with my negative views on my wife's sexual history? [ 27 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for almost a year and we are in our early 20's. We are very honest and open with each other, including about our past sexual history. We have a great marriage and are very trusting of one another. Unfortunately, I feel very guilty making this post - I feel as though...

First encounter! What next? [ 49 Answers ]

Today was a VERY interesting day. I saw my ex-b/f who I had not heard from or seen in SIX MONTHS!!!!!!!! I prepared myself for the day I would see him again. I was ready. I looked fabulous and fierce. Everything from the hair down to the shoes was in place and on point. I could see him out of...

How to handle chance encounter with ex? [ 6 Answers ]

Background: Twelve years ago, I ended a non-physical ten year relationship with a high school friend due to the large discrepancy between my feelings for her and her feelings for me which I considered had become an unhealthy situation for me. I ended it in a manner that at the time I felt was most...

Interesting Encounter [ 11 Answers ]

some mormans came to my door the other day, and being polite as I am had huge trouble in snobbing them, they talked about this guy and how he was supposedly given the right to be a prophet or whatever and they were saying, it's the same faith being followed, there's no change between the values of...

View more questions Search