Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saprophilous Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

Oct 13, 2008, 11:09 AM
    What the heck
    I've been running every day 1.7 miles to 3 miles, eating nothing but salads and healthy boring stuff around 1000 calories -- and yet I only fluctuate around 3 pounds difference... gaining it, and then losing it. This is making me nuts and super depressed, as I have been doing this for about 3 and a half months.

Can someone tell me what is going on?
    iFire Posts: 39, Reputation: -1

Oct 13, 2008, 11:15 AM

Genetics and metabolism problems could be the root of that. But I'm sure there are more possible ways.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2008, 11:15 AM

You can't just run, you have to mix up your routine. Your body will get used to running. You more or less have to "surprise your body." that's kind of what my trainer told me. And I'm not a health expert but maybe you need to boost your metabolism by eating small meals and eating more of them. That's what the lady that works at the gym told me.
    Dragonfly1234 Posts: 161, Reputation: 49

Oct 16, 2008, 07:41 PM

Same goes for your calorie intake. Your metabolism adjusts to the amount of calories you eat a day. If you've been eating 1000 cal per day and not losing any weight, then your metabolism has adjusted to only burning that much.

Another possibility is that you think you are only eating 1000 cal per day when in reality you are eating more. I'm not sure how certain you are of your calorie intake but that could be something to consider as well.

Also, are you building muscle from your training? You may be burning fat but building muscle. Muscles actually weigh more than fat so the scale may be indicating that you are at the same weight but your body is more toned and you are in better shape regardless. Also, your weight is supposed to fluctuate depending on a number of factors which is why it's usually suggested not to weigh yourself everyday and not to worry about what the scale tells you too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What in the heck is my cat up to anyway? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm going to do my best to describe this situation, if I had a video, I would post it, because to see it would be much better than just hearing about it. We have a 4 year old, Dulute Calico female cat. Although she has behavied in this strange way from time to time, within the past week, it has...

What the heck is that all about? [ 6 Answers ]

I was sleeping last night when I got a call on my mobile from my boyfriend, he wanted me to get a taxi and go and stay the night because he needed a hug. That would be fine, only it was 4.30am!! What the hell do you suppose that's all about?? He sounded upset and didn't want to tell me what was...

Who the heck? [ 3 Answers ]

People are always asking me about if I'm funny or not... why.. is everybody funny... well I am a class cloun... should I stop being one.. you tell me.

What the heck is going on? [ 2 Answers ]

OK, so 4 weeks ago I broke up with my boyfriend and it started weird. First I avoided him and then when I was ready to be friends, he avoided me!:mad: so I got angry and avoided him while getting my friends to talk to him. We eventually became friends again. Recently, me and my friend went to the...

What the heck is this? [ 2 Answers ]

I got a picture of a rough-in for a basement bathroom and there is a really weird plug in the floor right behind the toilet stub. See the picture. Does anyone know what heck this is? It looks like someone messed up to me. When unscrew the cap off, it does drain to something.. Thanks, eric

View more questions Search