Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Renee Smith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2006, 11:49 PM
    Applying own hair extensions
    Well I am after hair extensions. Heard the best way to apply them is kind of weaving then a loop thing... hmm, I don't know. Not gluing, cliping or heating. Apparently you can do it yourself/or a friend, and it is pretty successful.
    If any one can help me out, tell me what it's called, how its done in detail, or where to find out how its done.
    Also I want real hair, where is a good place online to find it?
    Thanks, please someone reply
    Renee
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 31, 2006, 12:09 AM
    Weaving is a process where a corn row or track is created around the head and close to the scalp. Extension hair is sewn on the tracks. Your own hair lies over the tracks for a natural look. Looping is when you twist sections of hair around your index finger and you pull the twisted hair through the loop whick looks like a knot.

Real hair (human hair) comes in many different textures and grades. You must research the different types of hair used for hair extensions. I recommend that you visit the salon or a store that sell human hair, it will help you to select the extensions that's best for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair extensions and layering [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I just got extensions and they look great! But I need to get them layered in order to look a little less "fake" can anybody post a pic of long (straight) "extended" hair that has been layered? I am going to my own hairstylist (not the person who did the extensions) I'm wondering if regular...

Hair Extensions [ 20 Answers ]

I have reasonably short hair, but I really miss having long hair, and I want to get extensions. I heard it's expensive, but I was thinking that if I bought the hair myself, I could, or have a friend, braid it in for me? I was just wondering how I go about this, and how long the extensions last.

Hair Extensions [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter recently purchased hair extensions and we are wanting to know how to glue them in. Can anyone help?

Hair Extensions [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am new to this board I came across it while looking to find someone to do my hair extensions. I ordered the preglued keratin tipped fusion hair and the kit to put them in and the person that was going to do them for me had heart problems over the last few weeks and now can not do it. I am...

Hair Extensions [ 1 Answers ]

Gods2003angel: How and what are the steps to apply hair extensions and how to go about starting it. Like if the person wanted the hair extensions sowed into there hair:)

View more questions Search