Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AJAJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Url redirection
    Hi, we have a website and would like to redirect the url to ensure that Google does not blacklist our website for having 2 pages with the same content and we enjoy the benafits of SEO.

www.website.com
    Website.com
    www.website.com/index.aspx

Ideally, we think all should point (301 redirection) to www.website.com.

But, what about deep links. What if we do it and someone clicks on website.com/jobs, will he be directly taken to www..... or will he not be able to see any page.

How can we redirect the pages, we are using a windows server 2003 and asp.net 2.

Thank You.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Oct 26, 2008, 04:53 PM

If your visitors enter website.com/jobs or www.website.com/jobs, they'll be taken to the correct place.

Here's a good article on 301 redirects, deep links, and SEO.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Nov 25, 2008, 10:54 PM

Hi,
    I would use a meta tag, just less overhead, allowsa timed view to give the new URL and does not require the server intervention in anything but a mostly transparent sense.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

URL Redirection [ 2 Answers ]

// check for submit if (!isset($_POST)) { // and display form ?> Please sect one <form action="<?php echo $_SERVER; ?>" method="POST"> <input type="checkbox" name="example" value="Arrays">Arrays<br /> <input type="checkbox" name="example" value="Loops">Loops<br /> ...

Page redirection (based on bandwidth) [ 1 Answers ]

Ive got a website that is too large for dialup/256kb users to load (and they leave before it fully loads). I then reduced the size (pictures/quality, flash removal) so they could load it quick, then the higher connection users say that it looks too unprofessional. My idea is to have to index...

View more questions Search