Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    P Eugene Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 09:05 PM
    AP Journal Entires - accrual accounting and cash accounting
    What are the journal entries for accrual accounting and cash accounting for an invoice and a payment?
    ashley568 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Oct 12, 2008, 10:59 PM

There is no entry for the cash accounting for the invoice. The payment would be
    Cash- debit
    Sales- credit

The accrual is for the invoice
    AR-debit
    Sales-cerdit

Payment:
    Cash- Debit
    AR- credit
    MF Controller Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2008, 10:01 AM

The entry should be A/P (accounts payable) not A/R (accounts receivable) if this is an invoice that is being paid.
    praveen.bdvt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2011, 12:10 PM
    Purchases a/c Dr(a)
    To GR/IR a/c(b)

GR/IR a/c Dr(c)
    To Vendor a/c (d)

Vendor a/c Dr (e)
    To Bank a/c (f)

B and c will get knock off, d and e will get knock off and in the final entry will be

Final enty
    Purchases a/c
    To Bank a/c

Pfc Nichols 44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 08:56 AM
    Firm had sales of 525,000 in the year 2001, by 2012 sales increased to 1200000 what was the average rate of increase
    Pfc Nichols 44 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 08:59 AM
    I paid 250 a month into 401k after 30 years I accumulated 500000 what is the annual interest earned over thirty years?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2012, 03:37 PM
    What I see is a heap of rubbish which I am not going to correct

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accrual and cash basis accounting [ 2 Answers ]

In its first year of operations, Harden Co. earned $39,000 in revenues and received $33,000 cash from These customers. The company incurred expenses of $22,500 but had not paid $2,250 of them at yearend. Harden also prepaid $3,750 cash for expenses that would be incurred the next year. Calculate...

How to determine assets and expenses for accrual and cash basis accounting [ 4 Answers ]

I am having a bit of trouble understanding this question in regard to determining assets and expenses for accrual and cash basis accounting:On March 1, 2003, a company paid a $16,200 premium on a 36-month insurance policy for coverage Beginning on that date. Refer to that policy and fill in the...

Cash and Accrual basis accounting [ 1 Answers ]

In the first year of operations, Harden Co. earned $39,000 in revenues and received $33,000 cash from this customers. The company incurred expenses of $22,500 but had not paid $2,250 of them at year-end. Harden also prepaid $3,750 cash for expenses that would be incurred the next year. ...

Cash to accrual journal entries [ 0 Answers ]

What are the journal entries used when you convert from an accrual to a cash accounting method? And what is the theory behind these journal entries? Thanks, Michael

View more questions Search