Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wnk_1001 Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Yeast Vaginitis
    My cousin went to the ER after getting a really bad yeast infection that couldn't be cured with Diflucan. The ER said she had vaginitis and yeast vaginitis. She uses non-lubricated latex condoms, and she used baby oil as a lubricant, but only one time.

The only thing I can think of is she recently started shopping at the local thrift store and bought 2 pair of blue jeans. She washed one pair, but she wore the other pair the same day, without washing them first. I know... yuck! Anyway, does anyone have knowledge as to whether she could have contracted this type of infection in this manner?

She's freaking out about this, and I just wish there was something I could say to help her relax.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 12, 2008, 02:34 PM

She could be allergic to the latex in the condom. That is the only thing I can think of. Th ebaby oil alone, would not do any damage. The used jeans, well, that is a good point. Did she wear underwear underneath them? I know, another yuck factor, but some women don't wear underwear.

We can't discount the foreplay. Was there any with fingers. Dirty fingers can do a lot of damage to a vagina.

Oct 12, 2008, 03:09 PM
    She said yes, there was fingering. What kind of damage can that do?

No, she does not have an allergy to latex but she does have an allergy to Nonoxonyl 9. She said she was tested for latex allergy back in the 90's, which was negative, and she has been using condoms faithfully for 15 years without a hitch, so we had to rule out the latex allergy.

Yes, she was wearing panties... Lol But not cotton panties. She said they were silky ones. I wonder if that makes a difference?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2008, 03:10 PM

Do not use baby oil as lubricant it will destroy the condom

Oct 12, 2008, 03:17 PM
    As the above poster writes, foreplay was involved, which I never took into consideration. I never thought to ask about fingers.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 12, 2008, 04:11 PM

Well, dirty sharp fingernails can do a lot of damage. I know, it is not intentional and sometimes spontaneous but we all have to stop and think. We all like to be spontaneous and some of us can afford to be because we are always hygeinically minded, but men are not, it is just not important at that point in time.

Could have been the fingering.

Women should always wear cotton, it can be a sexy look too, but we need that air circulation :) No, could not have been the silky panties just once !

Oct 12, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Well tickle, I never thought of that and maybe this can put her mind at ease. If I tell her it could just be bacteria from the foreplay, and she isn't going to die, maybe she can relax some.

Thanks so much for your advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chronic Yeast Infection/Vaginitis [ 3 Answers ]

To break it down, about a year ago I started take Minocycline (sp?) for adult acne. Shortly after that I got my first yeast infection ever. Not long after that I stopped taking it to avoid future yeast infections as that is a common side affect. A few months later I started taking Ortho-tri lo...

Yeast in Right ear [ 3 Answers ]

Is there anything other than ear drops to treat yeast in ears? We have a 6 month old female lab with recurrent yeast in her right ear only. We clean her ear every other day but she hates it. Thank you for any help.

BV and yeast [ 2 Answers ]

What other alternative treatments can one take for a persistent yeast infection and BV. Antibiotics and Diflucan don't work.

Candida vaginitis & mono [ 2 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. I have a 10 year old daughter who was just diagnosed with mono. Later that day she told me she had discharge which appears to be a yeast infection. There is some redness and some itching but no odor. Can mono cause vaginal yeast infection? Kjones

View more questions Search