Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    free2ride Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Bellybotton piercing
    I got my bellybotton peirced just a couple of weeks ago .Around the top hole it is red , the hole is big and half of the jewel can fit in it!! there is crust and puss around it every so often but lately more crust then puss . What should I do and is there anything that you think I should put on it?
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Oct 18, 2008, 09:29 AM

Are you remembering to wash it as directed? You may be allergic to the kind of metal you were pierced with. Buy some bactene and use that around it and wiggle the ring. Wash it as directed, and don't fidget with it, the more you touch it the dirtier it gets. If it continues, you'll just have to take the ring out and let it heal naturally. Sorry if you have to take it out.

Oct 18, 2008, 02:30 PM

Latly the hole has been getting smaller and the jewel can't fit in it and the red around the hole is very light but when I clean it the red becomes a little redder
    Bural21 Posts: 190, Reputation: 18

Oct 18, 2008, 04:16 PM

It's probably a little irritated. What kind of soap are you using, just out of curiosity?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2008, 10:40 PM

Please, don't use Bactine as previously suggested. The chemicals in Bactine are too harsh for piercings and will dry it out even further.

Have you snagged it lately? Are you wearing tight jeans that rest on it?

When you have a healing navel piercing, you should never ever wear tight clothing that rests on or near the piercing. Wear loose fitting cloth pants if you can. I understand, jeans have to be worn sometimes, but when you're at home, wear loose, comfortable pajama pants.

Also, you need to avoid repetative bending over as much as you can. Bending over constantly irritates the piercing as well.

What have you been cleaning it with, and how often? You should really only be cleaning it 1-2 times per day, with antibacterial (Dial) soap. Much of anything else is too harsh for the piercing.
    mikedem7 Posts: 104, Reputation: 13

Oct 19, 2008, 05:04 AM

Get rid of the ring and the problem will go away, hopefully

Nov 1, 2008, 01:49 PM

Why would I go thruogh all the trouble to get it pierced and then take it out??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Web piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if this is under the right topic but it'll have to do, I want to know the dangers of getting your web pierced(the skin between your fingers) also if anyone has it pierced I wasn't to know how much it hurt. Something's I want to know are can you hit a nerve, and get paralized, does it...

Ear piercing [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I'm having trouble again with my cartlage piercing. I am getting the same little gross bump near the piercing... I didn't poke it with a needle this time but it did break open on its own. I have been sleeping on it pretty much every night because I just got my industrial done on my other ear....

Piercing [ 25 Answers ]

Lately Ive been wanting a lip ring My parents are very strict about facial piercings but I wanted to know if it's a good idea or a bad one for a 13 year old with a lip ring

Self Piercing [ 7 Answers ]

Hey:) Just wondering if any one can give me the low down on DIY piercings? Like equiptment used, tecniques and places safe to be self pierced ! Thanks... :D

Piercing My Lip [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone my mom won't let me get my lip pierced She said id look like trash. I just got my upper ear pierced Awhile ago and I fell in love with it. I really want to get my Left lip pierced (lip ring) but my mom said that I'd have to take it out. I have decided do it though no matter...

View more questions Search