Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brigante Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 01:04 PM
    How to change the language of a deed?
    I want to purchase a dwelling on owned land to live in year round. The problem is that the deed states:

"The land and premises conveyed herein
    are subject to the covenant and restriction running with the land that
    any present dwelling and any future dwelling on said land may only be
    used for seasonal purposes and cannot be winterized for year round
    residential use."

Do I have any options that may allow me to change the terms in the deed so I can use it as a year-round home?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brigante View Post
    I want to purchase a dwelling on owned land to live in year round. The problem is that the deed states:

"The land and premises conveyed herein
    are subject to the covenant and restriction running with the land that
    any present dwelling and any future dwelling on said land may only be
    used for seasonal purposes and cannot be winterized for year round
    residential use."

Do I have any options that may allow me to change the terms in the deed so I can use it as a year-round home?

Who owns the land? That's the person you'd have to negotiate with. If you own it it might be subject to Government regulations.

I understand the restriction but don't understand the how/why of it. Someone posted something like this a few months back and it was a question of easements and keeping driveways, roads, clear in bad weather.

Is this some sort of seasonal community - ?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 12, 2008, 02:17 PM
    In order to get the restriction lifted you have to go back to the person who originally placed the restriction on the property (or their heirs) and have them sign a document removing that restriction from the property. Then the document has to be recorded in the county clerk or county register's office.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change language in 'Regional and Language Options' without restarting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! On windows I have to work on 3 languages, Japanese, English and Thai. Some programs I use don't work on Thai-English windows, so I have to switch the window language to Japanese-English in 'Regional and Language Options' and it restart every time. There's any ways to set window...

Name change on deed [ 0 Answers ]

My wife passed away I would like to remove her name and add my son's name what do I do.

Deed name change [ 2 Answers ]

Currently my grandparents house only has granddads name on the deed. We, the family, would like to know how we can change the names on the deed and how to go about it. Granddad passed away sme 40 years ago.

View more questions Search