Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alg345 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Home electric service cable
    Woodpeckers have broken outer layer of cable could there be electiiciy leakage?
    Repair ?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2008, 04:44 AM
    The cable can be repaired temporarily using electrical tape rated the same or higher voltage that the cable is carrying. This is only temporary, so best to have the cable replaced to prevent water from entering the electrical equipment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Service entrance cable [ 23 Answers ]

I am re-wiring an old house. It is a small 2 bedroom, 1 bath house. We put in a 200 amp service and need to run a service entrance cable about 20 -25 ft to the inside breaker panel. My question is how big of a gauge wire should we run for the service entance cable. #? 3 conductor with ground in...

SER service cable [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My service to my house is 200 amps and terminates on the side of my house with a service disconnect located next to the meter... breaker style. This service feeds a sub panel that is where all my circuits terminate. It currently is fed through PVC conduit with Aluminum conductors. I want...

Home Electric service 200 amp upgrade [ 2 Answers ]

I need to upgrade my current 100 amp service with fuses, to a new 200 amp service Box. What would the total ball park price be including labor, and material. Thanks,

200 amp service cable [ 1 Answers ]

Good moring everyone! Quick question, I'm still in the process of upgrading to 200 amp service. I've purchaced a panel box and the guy I bought it off said he'll give me the service cable with it. The question I'm trying to find out is, the size wire he is giving me going to work 2/0, 4/0, 6/0...

View more questions Search