Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flintstones1962 Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

May 29, 2006, 11:05 AM
    Win98 and mapping a domain shared drive ?
    Hello,
    I've some computers which are running Win98, 95 and ME, I don't need to make them as members of my domain, but just I want to map some folders on the File server which is located on the DC, and that to be used by those old OS users.

Everything went fine, until the OS asked the password for the shared folder, but he doesn't accept it at all.

I've tried the same procedure on XP and everything is fine, password is accept without any problem...

Can any one help please...

Greetings,
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

May 30, 2006, 12:52 AM
    Try logging into the Win 9x machines using the same username and password of an authenticated user in the domain. The machines can stay in the workgroup, but that workgroup should also have the same name as the domain.

Good luck.
    Flintstones1962 Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2006, 12:13 AM
    Thanks,

But it didn't work...

Greeting

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shared neutral [ 21 Answers ]

I have a 50 year old home. I am doing some remodeling and found that I have 2 separate circuits sharing the same neutral. I hadn't seen this before and I am worried about it. Is this in itself a problem? Also, the neutral is hot where I am remodeling but not at the breaker box. Do I have a...

Shared video memory [ 1 Answers ]

My laptop says that I have a ATI Radeon Xpress 200M Graphics 64 MB shared video memory. What does this mean and do? And what is better and best? Thanks

Mapping Network drive ? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, A user who is not a member of a domain, need to map for him/her a drive on the DC ( file server ), I can map the drive, but the system doesn't ask me to remember or save the password ( he asks for the user name and password of the DC ADMIN ). So every time the user starts his/her...

Shared Data T1 vs. Full T1 [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between a shared data T1 line and a full T1 line? I know that The shared data T1 is usually run to an MTU (multi-tenant unit) and split up into separate data networks for tenants that choose to use the Internet service. But isn't that the same thing as a full T1, can't you...

Pen Drive Query with Win98 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi How can I get Win98 to read a Pen Drive 2.0? Thanks

View more questions Search