Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

May 29, 2006, 06:55 AM
    Lavatory trap to wall connection
    Tom - This is a real amateur question, but I can't seem to find the answer in my books.

I'm installing a pedestal sink in profile opposite the bath door and need to connection to look good. The drain line is 2" PVC . I have a 1.5" chrome trap and can't figure out how to attach it to the drain pipe. Nothing is set up yet, so I have complete flexibility.

Questions are:

1) What exactly should be at the end of the rough in? The 2" pipe?

2) How far should the rough in protrude from the finish wall?

3) How do I attach the chrome trap arm to the PVC rough in so that I can cover the joint with a chrome escutcheon?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 29, 2006, 07:12 AM
    Hi Dennis, Welcome back!
    "1) What exactly should be at the end of the rough in? The 2" pipe?"
    You will glue in a 2 X 1/2" PVC compression fitting.
    "3) How do I attach the chrome trap arm to the PVC rough in so that I can cover the joint with a chrome escutcheon?"
    You don't use the plate that comes with the chrome trap. . You get a 2" chrome escutcheon plate to go next to the wall and leave a inch and a half of stub out to glue the compression fitting on.
    Good luck, Tom
    Good luck, Tom
    dclynch Posts: 202, Reputation: 19

May 29, 2006, 02:54 PM
    Now I get it!

Thank you, Tom.

Regards - Dennis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lavatory sink not flat? [ 4 Answers ]

We're replacing a lavatory sink, and it appears that the bottom of the new sink is not flat. It rocks from side to side nearly 1/8 of an inch. It's a 19" round Gerber vitreous china sink. If we spin the sink 90 deg, it still rocks from side to side (relative to the sink, that is). Is this sort...

How many turns can a lavatory drain take [ 3 Answers ]

I have a bathroom project I am working on and as I understand I can have minor drains come into the main one as long as they are vented. Is this correct? The way the bathroom ended up being laid out the toilet is the farthest from the point where the stub comes up out of the concrete in the...

Lavatory drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new lavatory in proximity to a toilet 2" vent pipe. Is it okay to tie the lavatory drain to the toilet vent pipe?

Lavatory pop up stopper [ 2 Answers ]

I had a new large Kohler sink installed in the bathroom. The pop up stopper can be twisted and pulled out. I've got the pivot rod piercing the eyelet of the stopper and I've tightened the retaining nut, but with minimal twist, the stopper just comes out of the drain. I would think that the pivot...

1-3/8" bottle trap drain connection? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I have a little problem. I'm remodeling my bathroom and am installing a basin sink. I recently purchased a chrome minimalist bottle trap from the UK. I believe it's a Hudson Reed. It's model number is EK302. Anyway, I've discovered that the drain pipe supplied with the trap that would go...

View more questions Search