Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladypatricia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 04:04 PM
    When employees are controlling the company.
    Coming on board to a new company is hard enough learning all the ins and outs
    Of your daily tasks but when you throw in pressure, expectations and control in
    The mix from veteran employees who don't someone coming in disturbing the
    Status quo of things.. what does one do when the owner is such a hard working,
    Smart , all around nice guy tries hard to be fair to everyone...

I came on board thinking this was going to be a great place to working only to
    Be set straight in my first two weeks by veteran employees.
    " we do things a certain way here, we don't go to the boss with stuff , we try
    and work it out amongst ourselves he doesn't need to know everything that's
    going on " and they say it to you in such a OR ELSE SUFFER THE CONCEQUENCES
    Kind of WAY... what choice do you have to keep your job and see a nice man
    Being manipulated in the background by his own team that he trusts... SURELY
    THERE IS A LAW AGAINST THIS? Surely there is something I can do??
    But what ?:confused:
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 05:26 PM

Actually, there is no law against it. And it depends on exactly what you want to take to the boss. I have worked at a company with a very nice boss, who would change his decision on a situation depending on who he talked to last. The basic method among the team of dealing with the situation was to keep the boss out of any decisions that did not absolutely need upper management's approval. Otherwise he would tell you today to do exactly the opposite of what he told you to do yesterday.

But it's hard to tell with your description whether you want to go to the boss with stuff that he is happier letting the team deal with, or the team is keeping information that he needs to know from him.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 06:40 PM

You are in a bad situation. If possible, find a better job. I worked for a guy that didn't tell the boss anything but the boss always found out and held that manager in very low esteem and it affected how the rest of us were perceived also. One thing for sure, you will get promoted when your "veteran" associates want you to. Maybe these folks are covering up something for their own gain. Find another job as soon as you can.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 06:54 PM

Yes, you or the man are free to go to the boss anytime they want,
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Hello lady:

Your working agreement is between your boss and you - NOBODY ELSE. Unless you are in union, there is no "WE" at work.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a company legally ask its employees for their citizenship? [ 5 Answers ]

Can a company legally ask its employees in the U.S. and other countries their citizenship?

Is he controlling. [ 2 Answers ]

wheb we first started dating everything was fine. later on into the relationship he told me i looked better without make-up, so i stopped wearing it. if i ever wear it he gets mad. if i wear a low-cut shirt he makes me wear a jacket and says im showing off my boobs to everyone. what does this...

Is he controlling? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I have been talking to this guy and we have been thinking about becoming a couple. But I think that he is too controlling. He always wants to be where I am and he gets jealous when I tell him that I am hanging out with other friends. We recently had a fight because I told him that I was coming...

Company introduction letter for audio/home theatre solution company [ 1 Answers ]

I want to introduce myself/company to one of the top interior designer. I am an individual dealing in audio / home theatre solutions. I want to an introduction letter for my company.

Small company with out of state employees [ 1 Answers ]

We are based in NY, and we have employees with home offices in Georgia, Virginia, and Missouri. I know we file payroll taxes in these states, but do we have to file any corporate tax returns also?

View more questions Search