Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igilvarry Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2006, 04:44 AM
    Updating text on HTML pages at run-time
    I am novice web-site developer with previous programming experience. I am creating a very basic brochure-style web site based on tables with Frontpage 2003 as the development tool. I am having difficulty trying to figure out how to program into a script the logic to be able to update a web page with simple text at run-time. This should be a simple thing to do however I'm stumped. I'm not even sure in Frontpage how a field within a table can be referenced. Any sample script would be appreciated.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 29, 2006, 05:01 AM
    Please clarify; what do you mean by "update a web page with simple text at run-time"?

Can you show us one of your pages and use it as an example?

May 29, 2006, 05:17 AM
    Please see example at http://www.aibheil.com/collection.html . The larger image on the right hand side of the page changes based on onmouseover event for each of the tiled images. What I'm trying to do now is figure out to display some hard-coded text for each different large image when it appears.
    Uber Member

May 29, 2006, 05:29 AM
    Very nice looking page, igilvarry!

Would something like this work for you?
    Attached Images

May 29, 2006, 05:51 AM
    Yes - I think so. Can you advise how the image was amended to append text?
    Uber Member

May 29, 2006, 06:08 AM
    With photo editing software (I use Photoshop Elements) I resized the canvas.
    What photo editing software do you use?

May 29, 2006, 06:25 AM
    I'm not using any photo editing package. Just MS Picture Manager to resize / crop images coming from the Wedding Dress suppliers we are working with . Would it be possible to add text into the HTML page instead of the image?
    Uber Member

May 29, 2006, 07:28 AM
    I'll bet it can be done - I haven't seen our Web Design guru here yet today but bet he will stop by within a day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Updating 2 Wire Thermostat with Electronic Wireless [ 12 Answers ]

I've searched all the earlier Q&A and can't seem to find a matching problem. I am trying to replace an older 2 wire thermostat with a fancy, new wireless programmable thermostat. I am only running heat. I just want on/off and that's it. The furnace is a Burnham Series 2 Gas Boiler dated...

Updating Printer Driver [ 12 Answers ]

I am trying to update my Lexmark X1185 All-In-One driver ( Ver. 1.0.0.0 to 2.0.2.2 ). I keep getting this error message:- C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL. An installableVirtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization. Choose " Close " to terminate the application. ( Close or Ignore ). If I...

Trouble Updating Records Individually [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to update a table in Microsoft Access with the following SQL: UPDATE tblLastLDAP, tblGenex1 SET tblGenex1.SURROGATEID = Left(!,6) & Int((99-1+1)*Rnd()+1); I want the records to each be set to a number between 1 and 99 (+ the beginning info), but the result of the SQL above sets all...

View more questions Search