Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susy Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

May 28, 2006, 09:24 PM
    What do you think?
    Illegal immigrants.Umm... Who are the lawmakers? Human beens, and human beens make mistake. They say something is illegal because they believe it that way, not because it is. I don't like people crossing the border illegally, and something needs to be done to stop that. However, deportation is not the answer because that would be the destruction of many families, kids don't have to pay for these things. They would be harm psychologically, and that is not good since they are going to be part of the future of this country because they are Americans. Moreover, not all the illegal immigrants are poor because many overstay their visa, and to get a visa to come here is not easy and cheap. Education, and the American dream is what they want. Sometimes,the country from where they come from is the reason.This situation is illegal because that is the law, but these people make mistakes as human beens such as lawmakers make.We need to find the solution to these situations not to find guilty people. These undocumented alliens are not criminal unless they have committed a crime. Being illegal is not a crime.
    That is my opinion. What's yours?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2006, 12:29 AM
    I talk from a mediterrean point of view.

And what's happening in europe is out of control. Where I live everything is sky high, pay exteremly high taxes.

From my point of view and not maybe everyone will agree, but my governments priority is illegal aliens.. and its sucks, to me the citizens should come first then the tourist industry.

I pay high taxes and 70% or more of those taxes are used - so that open centres are built for the these illegals, which have weekly FREE barbq's, get FREE phone cards to contact home, get FREE internet access, get FREE food, FREE lodging.

Then you hear traggic stories about these illegals who rape and abuse tourists who to come on holiday here. Its just beyond control, and from a country that 17 miles wide by 5 miles long with a population of 400,000 citizens, we do not need hundreds and hundreds coming in each week, its not possible anymore. We are over crowded.

I get cross as I believe I pay taxes for my government to me support me as a citizien.

Some of these aliens have been her for over 2 years... a great nice long holiday that is.

Id rather pay out an amount monthly and send it to there country to help re-build what they lost, but its impossible for more to come but yet the government lets them in with open arms...
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

May 29, 2006, 03:07 AM
    I say send them home.
    No second chances. They don't belong here if they are here illegal.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2006, 03:34 AM
    Demonspeeding I agree with you on this :- spot on
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2006, 04:57 AM
    Hi, susy,
    Illegal immigrants are using tax dollars, meant to be used by American Citizens, or someone here legally.
    The Senate and the House of the US are currently debating what to do. It will be settled someday, am I am guessing it will take quite a while.
    Do you pay taxes? At the rate of about 33% of your income? (which would include Federal Tax, State Tax, FICA taxes, and even others? In the United States?
    You want to support millions of illegal immigrants? Many of whom do not even speak English? I don't.
    Anyone working in America should be paying their part to keep this great country going. Anyone who hires illegal immigrants should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    That's my 2 cents worth.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2006, 05:03 AM
    FredG couldn't comment on your post but would like to say...
    NICELY SAID MATEY :)
    And same goes for us europeans.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2006, 05:09 AM
    I wrote this before and ill paste below :-

One must distinguish between the problem of immigration and the virtue of helping those in difficulty. As a matter of face, most people are ready to help but not when such actions can backfire in terms of health and security.

It is probable that out of the 97% of those who are anti-immigration, 50% or more would be ready to donate money to make their country a better place or to help their children get an education etc.

One must donate with prudence and must not allow his generosity to be abused. It is also unatural to give up elements like peace, security and a healthy environment to help others.

Even worse than that, is the impression given to some immigrants that they can enjoy the fruits of Europe without contributing to it or without integrating and accepting values like secularism, gender equality, hygience and ethics.

People and politicians complain and complain. Lm11 million a year is WAY enough for our budget illegal lovers!

If only the government would send them all back, everything will be settled, but one must keep in mind, that other political parties and pressure groups (in malta and within europe) will definitaley call us 'racists.'

I just want the spokesman of any political spectrum which is in favour of these illegals in our community give us a sensible solution. I know what they'd say, probably they would say SET THEM ALL FREE, UMANI DAWN! Lofl how sad, if we say we are all humans, why do we have countries, nations, and flags (these supposedly represent us). People like this have totally lost it.

I would deport them all, come what may from the other political parties, racist comments and what not, this is our land, we have to defend it, or else if nothing is done, it's up to the citizens, and this will lead in blood shed. (just like in 1846 in New York, history is repeating itself! - 15,000 / week of illegal irish would end up in the New York shores.)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 29, 2006, 05:16 AM
    Honestly,

It seems that the government should do something with the problem of illegal immigrants. The government we have now in Canada are actually starting to crack down. There were many times where it seemed that other people coming from other countries were treated better then their own citizens,which speaks volumes. Fred had a excellent answer and agree with him. I do not support it and I am glad that the government is starting to crack down on this. Then you have people complaining about how it is not fair and this treatment should not be allowed, but illegal is illegal.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

May 29, 2006, 05:22 AM
    By the simple fact that they are illegal aliens means they are breaking existing laws. Enforce the currents laws fully as is. How else to know if they work or not? If they aren't appropriate, then take actions to change them.

To the government that doesn't enforce the laws we have, I would say as if to a child who doesn't play with all his toys... if you aren't going to play with all of them, why should you be permitted more?

More laws? We might be better off with less.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2006, 05:23 AM
    Were I come from, they come in boats of 50.
    49 males and 1 woman... makes me soooo cross :(

And most of the illegal males (im not being sexiest) give a bad name to us maltese, due to assults, arson and rape.

Tourism is our main industry and in a space of 1 month, there were 3 rapes by these illegals.. I don't even know why the court gives them a time of day to explain... JUST SEND THEM BACK
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 30, 2006, 12:24 PM
    I agree that hearing someone speak by making sounds we don't understand is annoying. Yet in Puerto Rico and other countries, thousands of Americans who set up permanent residence there feel completely free to Speak English all the time, have TV in English, read their literature in English and prefer that threir kids be better versed in English because it is their preferred language. Even though most of the people in those countries can't understand what the Americans are saying, because to them English is just so much annoying sound, no one demands that they speak Spanish or whatever the native language might be. It is not made into an issue or used as a political weapon as is continually done here.

Excerpt:

On Not Speaking English

By Curtis West

There's a joke that's told around the world. It goes like this: What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual. And someone who speaks two languages? Bilingual. And someone who speaks just one language? Answer: An American. It's a joke that's told behind "our" backs--but it's true.
    http://www.whistlingshade.com/0302/english.html
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

May 30, 2006, 07:26 PM
    valinors_sorrow agrees: I would bet we started out with quite a few languages here too!

Definitely, but the dominant culture, the English one, pressured all newly arrived groups, such as the Germans who eventually rivaled the English in number, to conform linguistically. As can be seen all immigrant groups have done so. Even 76% of the Hispanic Americans want English to be the official language of the United States despite the fact that many remain Bilingual.

Ironically, the Bible tells us that mankind spoke only one language once and that it was a rebellion against God in the region of Babylon which resulted in the Babble of languages we have today.http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...ontext=chapter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search