Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmarkeata Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Credit restorartion
    I have been renting for 14 yrs and wants to buy a house but now have credit issues or the companies legit that offer to clean your credit or can I do it myself if so how? (Texas)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Hello b:

Yes, some are legit, some aren't. Yes, you can do it yourself. Get a copy of all THREE of your credit reports and follow the instructions for challenging incorrect items.j If it isn't removed the first time, challenge it again.

excon
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2008, 08:45 AM

And it depends on what you mean by "credit issues". If the issues are that you haven't been paying your bills, been paying late, or have too much debt on credit cards, no, they can't fix that. You can, but only by paying down the debt, on time, etc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 08:47 AM

You can remove any incorrect info from your credit report, beyond that over the next few years you start paying all your bills on time and improve your report
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You can remove any incorrect info from your credit report, beyond that over the next few years you start paying all your bills on time and improve your report

Posted twice - should be combined.

Otherwise - ditto.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does closing a 25 year old credit card account affect your credit? [ 5 Answers ]

I tried to close a credit card account that I don't use any more and their "trained" customer service person told me it was a bad move to remove a 25 year old account from my credit rating. I didn't think that the good information concerning this account would be removed from the report but he...

Looking for a credit card who will only check transunion/poor credit [ 1 Answers ]

My transunion score is high and the others r in the high fives I'm looking for a business credit card is there a chance there might be one who will only check my transunion? Thank you Smart B Development Corp.

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

Knowing which credit bureau is being checked when you apply for credit/Credit Cards [ 1 Answers ]

Which credit cards use only the trans union credit report for their cc applications? this knowledge may help me save part of my universe>:D

Bad Credit on My Report From MIDLAND FUNDING Credit Issued in 1999? [ 3 Answers ]

The only thing I can think off I did not pay off was a credit card I had applied for in the year 1999 when I was in college. It was a $500 limit card, being that it was a first credit card I did miss some payments & every time I did I would get hit with a $30 late payment + $30 over limit fee plus...

View more questions Search