Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meecy12 Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Oct 11, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Very late period
    My period is a week and a half late. I'm not pregnant. Am I sick?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 02:16 PM

Anything else going on that would make you believe you might be sick? A missed period can happen for a number of reasons. If you have been sexually active, pregnancy is a possible cause, even if a pregnancy test didn't pick it up right away.

Your period may still show up late, or you may skip it altogether this month. Sometimes a reason can be suspected... extreme stress, illness, if you only recently started having periods within the last year or so they can be irregular for awhile, etc. but often there is no obvious reason and a once in awhile occurrence is not usually a cause for concern.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My period one month late from privious period and hcg test is negative.why? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all, I missed my periods since 2 months back. That means I had my starting period on 22 feb and from that day now today is 20 April, I have no period. Hcg test is negative. Is there any chance to get pregnant? If any one faced the same problem please share own experience. Before these problem...

Late period turns to a LONG period. What's wrong with me? [ 4 Answers ]

I was 12 days late for my period, which was a very stressful moment for me. I finally got my period on August 10, and I still have it... 14 days and counting. I should also note that my period has been rather light for me. I have been able to get away with light tampons this whole time, and when I...

Late period(26 days late) negative HPT's [ 7 Answers ]

I was supposed to have my period about 26 days ago. I still haven't had it, and I have taken 3 HPT, they all came out negative. I've been feeling dizzy and REALLY REALLY tired all the time. I have body itches and headaches andi feel sick at night and in the mornings. I'm also urinating more than...

Late period.No period.discharge [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Everyone! My boyfriend & I are trying to conceive our first child & so far haven't had any luck :( My main concern is my last period was March 24th and I am pretty regular having a cycle every 28 days! Here it is April 26th making me 6 days late for my period! I am currently evperiences brown...

My period was a little late, and my period is not at all normal? [ 2 Answers ]

My period started on January 19th I had unprotected sex at the end of my period. I also had unprotected sex on the 14th day of my menstrual cycle and also a couple of times towards the end. My breast were very sensitive and I had quiet a bit of cramping off and on throughout the beginning of...

View more questions Search