Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellenlllv Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2006, 08:06 PM
    How can I make the Economic class more fun?
    We are going to have a economic presentation (actually it is basically like a teaching periods, which means I have to teach the whole class about economic for two periods)

My topic is "inflation and unemployment" I am planning that if we can do some games or activities to keep class to forcus.

Any idea?? It can be anything...

Thanxxx~! <3
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2006, 08:24 PM
    Couple of questions:

1) What grade are you in?
    2) What does your class know about inflation and unemployment? Nothing, something?
    3) Where do you live?
    ellenlllv Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2006, 02:16 PM
    Reply questions from above~!

I'm in grade 12!

My class may just know little bit about our topics.. but not a lot of themm...

I am living in Canada.BC~!

Do you have any idea about this?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2006, 06:28 PM
    Whenever I here the terms inflation and unemployment in the context, I think back to the basic economic principles.

If inflation goes up, unemployment goes down (and employment goes up)

And if inflation goes down, unemployment goes up (and employment goes down)

Then comes along Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau.

And something call stagflation, both inflation and unemployment were rising in the 1970s.

On to your topic….

In grade 12, I did a class presentation in economic class on the Bank of Canada.

What we did is we emulated a popular on air game show at the time and played it with the class.

So start your presentation by explaining certain concepts to the class. What is inflation, what is unemployment. Why are they inverse of each other. What is stagflation, and any other key terms or facts you have come across.

Then perhaps play a game, could be based on a real show, or make one up.

Example, separate the class into 5 or so teams. Break them up and have them compete with each other.

The key to making games work in class is they should be
    a) easy to understand and follow
    b) fun
    c) funny. Presenters who make the game funny, those games are better.

And have some prizes….perhaps some chocolate bars or something. Everyone likes free stuff. If a team gets it right, they get one, after a while, some teams can be eliminated, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dealing with 3rd class mail [ 2 Answers ]

This is an outgrowth of a thread started here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?p=103196#post103196 The OP asked about stopping offers they were receiving for credit cards. One of the suggestions made was to use the Business Reply envelopes and just mail them back empty. The...

Domain Name Trademark Class [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to get a tradmark for a domain name. The website that would use this domain would sell Wireless internet access. I was wondering what Trademark class this type of service would fall into. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search