Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennis_ny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 09:49 PM
    shifting issue
    hi I got a 1990 4x4 s14 and a 1994 tahoe 4x4 they both have trans issues , they start fine shifts twice nice and smooth but when it shifts into drive it won't go unless u step on gas hard but still feels like its slippin changed trans filter and fluid,, anyone have a clue or something to try,, :confused:
    bassbustin Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 05:56 PM

When you say they shift fine are they not going into overdrive? If they are slipping you might try some of the purple majic juice at the auto parts store. Has worked for me in the past. If not going into converter lock-up you will need to check into the torque converter lock-up switch inside the tranny, pain but not to hard to replace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shifting problems [ 1 Answers ]

Shifting problems with my 1999 Ford tarus

Lancer A/T shifting issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 2nd hand Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi '96 A/T car. Acquired it on 2002, everything seemed fine until this problem started several months ago. I'm driving an automatic transmission car. This problem sporatically happens while driving around 45-70 kph (28-43 mph?), my gear...

Shifting problem [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with my 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse transmission. All of a sudden as u are driving, it jerks and drops you to low gear. It was already been rebuilt about 11 months ago, but now I am back at square 1. Does anyone know what the problem could be or do I just need to burn it? Also,...

View more questions Search