Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    free_go Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2006, 06:23 PM
    DWV cast iron cut
    1) What's the best way to cut a 4" cast iron soil pipe that is against the wall of the house so I can't get a snap cutter chain around it?

related:

2) Is there an adapter to connect 3" pvc (toilet drain) to a 4" cast iron hub on the main stack?

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 29, 2006, 05:19 AM
    1) What's the best way to cut a 4" cast iron soil pipe that is against the wall of the house so I can't get a snap cutter chain around it?

We take enough stock out of the wall to slip a chain around the cast iron. If this is a vertical stack we ise a set of ratchet cutters to make the cut.

2) Is there an adapter to connect 3" pvc (toilet drain) to a 4" cast iron hub on the main stack?
    If you have a open hub you can use a 4 X 3" Duel-Tite Gasket,
    You will need Duel-Tite lubricant to coat the PVC so it will slip in and seat.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cast iron [ 2 Answers ]

Hi folks, What is the best way to repair a leaking tub drain that connects to cast iron main drain? Thank you, Jen

Cast Iron Tub Installation [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone have any tips on the installation of a cast iron tub in an existing alcove. Would like any advice on putting the tub into place so as to minimize injury, strain, frustration, people running over each other, etc.

Cast Iron Bathtub [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new cast iron tub to install in an alcove. The tub has feet hidden behind the apron to support the tub. Does anyone have a suggestion as to the easiest way of installation in the alcove?:confused:

Cast Iron Tub Installation [ 1 Answers ]

What do I put an old cast iron tub on. Can it sit directly on a new ceramic floor? Would I have to put something under the feet? It will be quite heavy with water in the tub.

How to remove cast iron [ 6 Answers ]

I have some sewage pipes in my basement that I have to remove because one of them is cracking and leaking. The problem is that I can't get the joints apart. Does anyone know how to remove the sealing compound for old cast iron pipes. They were put in around 1945 so I am pretty sure that there is...

View more questions Search