Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Oct 10, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Should I change systems?
    I just moved into a house that I had to strip everything down to the subfloor. The natural gas company's original bid for installation of service of $200 before purchase went to $9000 after purchase. I have propane now. I have issues with propane other than the cost, which is bad enough. I had it before and in 3 years it doubled every year.

My question is, since I'm already down to the subfloor what if I put in electric floor heating in the main traffic public floors. Would the cost of the electric floor heat pay off?

Thank you
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Oct 10, 2008, 08:35 PM
    I forgot, my heating system now is only 3 years old.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 10, 2008, 09:40 PM
    The natural gas company's original bid for installation of service of $200 before purchase went to $9000 after purchase.

Something is wrong with that picture.

Would the cost of the electric floor heat pay off?

You will have to do the calculations. Here is a simple calculator example. Many more are available by doing a search on Google. There is no true way to tell by guess work.

Heating Cost Calculator

Fuel Cost Comparison Calculator

Energy Services, Heating Calculator - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Information

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minor Name Change/Birth Certificate Change [ 2 Answers ]

15 year old minor, born in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, living in WI with his dad, mom in FL--with joint custody, would like to change his name to his dad's and has both parents consent. Does this have to be filed in IN? Are there forms that the parents can fill out and file without the...

Comparison of Lenox systems to other systems [ 1 Answers ]

I recently won a drawing for a free $9,000.00 heating and cooling system from Lennox. We thought is was free,but apparently, that did not include tha install price. We were given a range of 3500.00-4000.00 to complete the install? Is this the common rate for any installation ? Thanks benita13

Honeywell systems [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me. We have a Honeywell ST799 7 day programmer and a Honeywell CM67 thermostat. The heating either seems to be on full or off as per the programmer. How do these two appliances work together? Does the programmer need to be on off, continuous, twice or once to make the thermostat...

Hot water systems [ 1 Answers ]

Which are the two most common hot water storage systems?

Systems [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I have a huge algebra projcet due... and it is on Systems.. I have no idea what to do.. :confused: Here's what I have came up with for a question John Allen averages 16 points per game, his season consists of 8 weeks, 3 gfames per week Johns cousin Steve averages 12 points a game,his...

View more questions Search