Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    053152 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Marking on old silver plate tea set
    I have an old tea set with the calligraphy letters of K S In in which each set of letters is enclosed in the outline of a coat of arms. Next to this on the right is an outline of something that looks like a five-fingered hand pointing downwards with thumbs on each side. Can you tell me anything about it?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 03:14 AM

Hi, 053152!

Would it be possible for you to post an image of the markings as well as the tea set here? That might be helpful to those of us who try to help you.

Thanks!

Oct 11, 2008, 12:22 PM
    I will try to get a picture of the engravings on the tea set here as soon as my husband gets home this evening as I don't know how to download pics from the camera into the computer.
    Thanks!
    Patty
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 12:27 PM

Hi, Patty!

That would be great! We don't guarantee results here, but we can try!

Oct 11, 2008, 07:20 PM
    Silver Hallmark.PDF
    O.K. I couldn't get a good picture of it because of the glare. So I drew a pretty good (if you aks me) picture of exactly what the engraving looks like. I hope this helps.
    Patty
    p.s. I hope this attachment works.
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 11:55 PM

Hi, Patty!

Thanks for posting the PDF file! I'll work with that and try to get it posted as an image here soon so that anyone coming along who has an idea can readily see what you have drawn.

If you do have some digital images, it's likely that I will be able to edit them some so as to get rid of some glare. So, please do post the images.

We have been having some difficulties on this site though with posting images because of the site upgrade that happened about a week ago. But, we'll see what happens...

As I have already mentioned, an image of the whole tea set would also be helpful.

Thanks!

Oct 12, 2008, 05:43 PM
    I finally got a picture of the tea set. I just bought it for $10 at a garage sale the other day and haven't cleaned it up yet. Hope this helps.
    Patty
    Attached Images

Oct 12, 2008, 05:47 PM

Forgot to mention that I couldn't get any good pics of the engravings. They weren't coming out at all and don't think any of them could have been 'cleaned up'.
    Sorry!
    Patty
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2008, 01:18 AM

Great job posting the image, Patty! It's quite a lovely set! I or someone else will see what we can find!

Thanks!
    amylousa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2012, 03:52 PM
    Did you ever find the answer?
    timmypitman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2012, 01:36 PM
    I have the hole set did u ever find any thing out
    paccali Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2013, 01:46 PM
    I was wondering if anyone had found out any info on the tea set. I only have the teapot but can't anything on it. Please let me know if anyone can identify... Thanks a bunch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identify a silver plate [ 1 Answers ]

I have come across a small silver plate, (serving dish) it is about 8 inches wide and 12 to 14 inches long. It has a matching cover with a removable handel. The handle twist off and locks on like an old style radiator cap, with two tabs that lock under matching tabs in the dish top with a quarter...

Gold marking ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gold colored earring that has a marking on it S5.18, does anyone know what it is?:)

Decorative Swith Plate or Wall Plate and Switches [ 5 Answers ]

We're looking to replace our standard switch plates with "decorative" plates, mainly in the kitchen backsplash. We have seen plenty of options for the plates, from pewter to copper to nickel, etc. Are there options for the actual switches themselves? Can we get switches, such as simple light...

View more questions Search