Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icomps Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Water in Gas tank at least 2 gal in 2000 Ford Focus
    Approximately 2 gallons of water was put in my car. Does someone know how to siphoned gas out of a 2000 Ford Focus. There seems to be something preventing this. I have put one bottle of water remover in the tank. The tank was 1/2 full when the 2 gallons of water were put in. I do not have the money to remove the tank or have a mechanic drain it. Does anyone know an easy, inexpensive way to get the gas out of this car? By the way, it will not start.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2008, 04:43 PM

I would pull the coil wire, disconnect the fuel line maybe under chassis, along main beam
    Turn key on. Some systems require engine to be cranking(fuel pump may need a pulse from engine cranking to pump) pump until empty into container. Add gas pump more until good gas only, water is heavier, and will be at the bottom. Also need to eleminate water in lines to carb or injectors, Drain float bowl. If it doesn't start, remove plugs, crank engine, reinstall plugs, add some starting fluid, try to turn over. Water need to be gone.
    Also check oil for water. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Ford Focus [ 2 Answers ]

I was out looking for a new car today and I came across a 2000 ford focus. It has 104,000 miles. I haven't really heard anything about them. I was hoping to find some opinions on them. Positive and Negative comments will help! Thanks! (they are asking $4,700.00)

2002 Ford Focus [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased my car and from time to time the car will not start I had a car alarm in it and it was taken out by a certified technician. It has been looked over several times. However, when it does not start if you remove the ignition relay and put it back in the car starts right up! Any idea's...

View more questions Search