Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Dieting Plateau and Fibersure supplement
    I recently saw my doctor and mentioned that, while I have lost 22 pounds in the past 6 months, I am stuck on a plateau. She recommended my adding Fibersure to my daily supplement use. Now I am gaining weight. Could this be happening because of the added fiber? Thanks for any help!:confused::)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 02:35 AM

Hi Sacramento,to a certain extent you doctor is correct, but we are all not the same. Fibre is great for elimination and I would not stop adding it to your diet, but this is not the only reason why you can't go beyond your plateau. Your body is stuck on hold because you have reached your calorie intake vs. physical activity, so it therefor stands to reason that you must Increase your physical activity which is particularly useful for moving beyond a plateau, because exercise both uses calories and builds muscle. The more muscle you have, the higher your BMR, which is why working out with weights or doing some kind of resistance training can be especially helpful. In fact, increasing your muscle mass as you lose body fat can compensate for the decline in BMR induced by weight loss.
    sacramento Posts: 163, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 08:39 AM

That all sounds very logical but, since I have never exercised a day in my life, I really don't see myself starting now! Thanks for the advice, anyway.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 11, 2008, 08:56 AM

Of course its logical !Depending on your age and metabolism, then maybe you will have to start if you want to lose more and get rid of that plateau you are on !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plateau? Already? [ 70 Answers ]

Ok, so here is the story. I have been working out and dieting for two months now and only lost 3 pounds. What's the deal? Is there anything I can do to speed up this process?

Periods with dieting [ 7 Answers ]

Why does dieting effect your period? I'm currently on a diet just to lose 10 pounds, does that mean my period will not come/be late? Can this be avoided?

Dieting and diarrehoa [ 25 Answers ]

Right first of all I have wrote posts on here before concerning my periods as it is now a year and still no period I have been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and have been on medication for that since January, firs the past 16 days I have been dieting and exercising to see if that will bring...

I already hit a plateau [ 2 Answers ]

I have been exercising on an elliptical rider for 1 hour a day, 6 days a week, for a month. I also do toning exercises 2-3 times a week. I have tracked every bite I have eaten also. I had two babies in 13 months. I gained 100+ pounds. Since Jan 30, 2006 I have lost 9 lbs, but only in the first two...

View more questions Search