Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck8 View Post
    I'm sure no one would hate you for being sick Starty. I think they would rather have you healthy, than get sicker and have to take more days off.
    And... possibly spread it around and then others will be off work too?:)
    Business Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 08:14 AM

Good morning all...
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 08:16 AM

Hi stringer how are you
    Sorry, should have said it earlier
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Hmmmmmm to all of you:):) heehee
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 08:19 AM

Hmmmmmmmmm?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 08:20 AM
    I am going to go wear my face mask... and my rubber gloves... I got to go to work. Hugs;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 08:21 AM

Later start :)
    Business Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 08:35 AM

"Confused?"

Hmmmmmmm... a simple greeting to all my friends... ooorrrrrrr, I can be more personal if you choose...

Bear, I am fighting one of my notorious sinus head aches again this morning, almost incapacitating... but lots of HOT coffee and pills... maybe.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 28, 2008, 08:40 AM

Well here I thought everyone had disappeared on me! No notifications again! Morning Stringy. Hope that nasty headache goes away soon. Trust me, I know all about them, and they are no fun at all!
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 08:41 AM

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you get rid of it soon
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Oct 28, 2008, 08:41 AM

Hiya everyone!

Its freezing here right now :( Is it almost Spring?
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 08:45 AM

Hey BB, unfortunately not, and its just going to get colder :(
    Business Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 08:46 AM

Thanks guys.

Morning BB.
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 28, 2008, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213 View Post
    Hiya everyone!

Its freezing here right now :( Is it almost Spring??
    What do you call freezing Biggie? It's 27 degrees Fahrenheit/-3 Celsius here right now. But what is weird, is it is suppose to be 73 degrees this afternoon!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 28, 2008, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    "Confused?"

Hmmmmmmm...a simple greeting to all my friends....ooorrrrrrr, I can be more personal if ya'll choose...

Bear, I am fighting one of my notorious sinus head aches again this morning, almost incapacitating...but lots of HOT coffee and pills.....maybe.
    Stringer darling, I used to take Actifed or Sudafed for my sinus problems, but they really are not that good for you - too many side-effects. So, I reverted back to an old remedy - Horseraddish! Take a spoon full of that and it will clear your sinus tract and really make you breathe again. Honest, try it. Always have some at home. And stay away from sinus spray - it breaks down and ruins your mucous membranes and you'll get nose-bleeds, plus the crap is addicting. If you don't like horseraddish, then get a little bottle of Japanese mint oil and apply just a little into the nasal passages - it will burn a little but will also clear things up fast. You can also place a drop on your tongue and breathe in - it will help with sore throats and swelling.

As for the rest of you, young kids prone to asthma and old kids NEED those flu shots. It's better than getting the dose of the virus without the body being a little prepared - too many very young and old die each year because they don't get the shots they should get.

Please try and take this grandma's advice. I love you all and want you to stay healthy.

Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 09:13 AM

:) good advice as always chery :)
    Hope your doing well
    Business Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery View Post
    Stringer darling, I used to take Actifed or Sudafed for my sinus problems, but they really are not that good for you - too many side-effects. So, I reverted back to an old remedy - Horseraddish! Take a spoon full of that and it will clear your sinus tract and really make you breathe again. Honest, try it. Always have some at home. And stay away from sinus spray - it breaks down and ruins your mucous membranes and you'll get nose-bleeds, plus the crap is addicting. If you don't like horseraddish, then get a little bottle of Japanese mint oil and apply just a little into the nasal passages - it will burn a little but will also clear things up fast. You can also place a drop on your tongue and breathe in - it will help with sore throats and swelling.

As for the rest of you, young kids prone to asthma and old kids NEED those flu shots. It's better than getting the dose of the virus without the body being a little prepared - too many very young and old die each year because they don't get the shots they should get.

Please try and take this grandma's advice. I love ya all and want you to stay healthy.

Thanks mom, I will see if we have any horseraddish and try it. I also bought a nasal wash thing that the pharmacist recommended but you have to actually flood your nasal passages... UHGGGGG! All I know and remember is that the first time I learned to swim under water I breathed in water through my nose and almost died chocking... so how will this be different?? (I know Bear, don't do that---right? Ha ha).

And you tell 'um; "get the flu shots!"

This pain is terrible and a curse... the whole side of my head and down my neck and shoulders... wow, can't even move my head without a slam of pain... my eye lashes even hurt... :eek:
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2008, 09:22 AM

Right lol :)
    Business Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    right lol :)
    I know "DUH" right? Funny... owwww, don't make me laugh, it hurts my head too much... damn.

Oh crap, there goes the phone ringing... don't want to answer it... I will have to talk and my HEAD HURTS!! Don't they know that??

EDIT: right, a saleswoman; "Do you have insurance......?" SLAM! :mad:
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 28, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Sinus problems made my head feel like it had waves that were smashing from one side to the other every time I moved - all the way down to the shoulders too. Then, you also know about how it feels as if something want to push your eyes out from the inside. Yup, get that horseraddish dear. It has helped me in winter and during allergy seasons for years now - thank goodness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Castle of doom 3, we rebuilt it! [ 1499 Answers ]

Hi all, Queen Alty speaking. The duck is busy pruning right now, but I'm sure she won't mind if I invite you all in. Welcome to the new and improved castle. Yes, another fresh coat of paint, a new building addition, and we even bought piranha's for the moat, the alligators are scared. ;) So...

The Castle of doom 2, new and improved [ 1499 Answers ]

Okay, Starby isn't around and the castle is closing, so I'll start another. It's renovated, it's new and improved. Paint, flowers, and a duck pond for Starduck (hee, hee) Come join us, I've even added a midieval bar, for those of us who like to indulge. ;) Hick. So come on in, we have...

Name of the castle [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of the castle near Fussan , Germany. I do not know how to spell it . You pronounce it as Newshwainstain. Wanted some pictures. Can anyone help ?

1983 haunted castle movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember renting this move along with the movie M.J.'s Thriller. It was about (as far as I can remmeber) a guy that has to spend 3 nights in a haunted castle inorder to marry a princess. It was a comedy but the castle is haunted and there is lots of slapstick. I remember one part about a AX...

View more questions Search