Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 01:04 PM

I'm getting some ingredients Starty, then I'll be baking too.

Is it too early to start Christmas baking? ;)
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Never too soon for baking...
    I just love it, here is why.
    So you get all your thought together figure out what you are going to make...
    Then you say your thoughts out loud and all of a sudden kids start talking and getting serious about what is going on.
    Then you start getting stuff out and ask a kid to grab you the measuring stuff and of course they say "Can I pour it in?" and of course you say yes, then they start taking turns (like good little children) then you start to come up with the result and everyone waits, waits, and waits... then you stick it in the oven and they are all sitting on stools waiting with you, you get into some funny and sweet conversations when there is time to wait for something yummy coming out of the oven;)
    Opes, the timer, "is it done mom?" " I dont know lets check"
    I love baking, I just love it!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 26, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I'm getting some ingredients Starty, then I'll be baking too.

Is it too early to start Christmas baking? ;)
    Not really dear. I used to make the cookies before halloween and place them in cans (saved coffee cans for this) then they went from soggy, to crisp and hard, and then just right - it takes time for some types. Macaroons(sp) for instance, get rock hard unless you place them in cans for a while.
    Besides, wíth the price of dairy products probably going up it is best to get them before you go broke on milk and butter.

It's also something fun for the kids to help you with.
    Pets Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 01:29 PM

Well, I might just have to start then. I don't know about that though, it's only October. Wait, it's almost November, EEEEEK, Christmas is closer than I thought. :(

Okay, I've got to get ready here, clean the house, bake, buy presents, do my yard work (it snowed yesterday), train the puppy, train the kids, train hubby, get my hair done, buy new clothes, get a job... AHHHHHHHH! ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 01:35 PM
    LOL, too cute ALty, don't forget to clean the toilets and sleep;)
    Pets Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 01:43 PM

Sleep? What's that? ;)
    Pets Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 01:48 PM

Got to run kids, work to do. I'll be back later.

Have a great day everyone. :)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery View Post
    Thanks for sharing the recipe Alty, I just love shortbread. I ask Jaime to always bring some when she goes to the Canadian Post Exchange on the AirBase here. I used to make all kinds of german cookies at Christmas time but now I don't have the energy to stir anything thicker than milk with strawberry flavored powder.

Guy... you're an Aquarius like me too, mine is the 22d of Jan. Go with your gut feeling hon, just think warm weather even though you want to be there NOW. I know how it is to have to wait for something so bad, I hate it too.

Starty, take those pictures and I'll just drool over the cookies. My body can't move around much, but for some reason I don't gain any weight beause the medication does not make me that hungry. I usually have to force myself to eat, even though I think of all kinds of food. Right now, I'm thinking about a buffet (all you can eat) with lobster, crab, scallops, shrimp - all dripping with melted butter and lemon. Then I'd go back for seconds. When I lived in Georgia, I went to the shrimp boats in Savannah to get fresh shrimp twice a month. Now, I'm lucky if I can eat a fish-stick or two without feeling full. The two hot dogs I had today were yummy but it took me almost two hours to finish them. Believe me, it's not a fun diet,so don't try it. Larry eats more than I do ...and deserves every bite of it. I gave him a whole can of real tuna today and he was in cat heaven.

OK, what did you do with Stringer? I have not heard from him or gotten an email. Will someone please check the moat and see if the crocs are holding him hostage until they get fed? I'll ask Magprob if he can spare some spam.

I'm working on a new coloring book and just might send a few pages to this site for your kids to color, so get enough black ink for your printers..

C.U. later

Just brought in two more friends for Biggie and Starby to play with.
    I am her Chery. Watching the Steeler Game.

The weather is blustery, looks like tornado weather wow... so we didn't go to the movies, I am trying to protect my Halloween decorations... running all over trying to catch things in the wind... phewww.

Got your email with the number... I will email you back tonight.. K?

Muchly...
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Uhhhh, you mean the Seahawk game? LMAO
    Business Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by startover22 View Post
    Hey Stringer, did you have a good day yesterday?:)
    I did? That didn't go very far hon... :rolleyes:
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Oct 26, 2008, 02:09 PM

Aww thanks for the new friends Chery :)

Running around catching decorations? Shouldn't you be resting, it is Sunday after all :p

I'm sure there will be time for your sprints later one :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 02:10 PM
    YOu said you had to do a few things... just wanted to make sure it all went well;)
    13 nothing... if they don't win, they are sucky! LOL
    Business Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Uhhhh, you mean the Seahawk game? LMAO
    I have put on my Steeler shirt... :D
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 02:12 PM
    You old fart! Did I just say that? Oh Stringer, I didn't mean it... Heehee
    Business Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213 View Post
    Aww thanks for the new friends Chery :)

Running around catching decorations? Shouldn't you be resting, it is Sunday after all :p

I'm sure there will be time for your sprints later one :)
    Yeah... I should but damn some of these things are big bucks... opps THERE goes another one, back later... Damn it is like a hurricane out there...
    Business Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 02:18 PM
    You old fart! Did I just say that? Oh Stringer, I didn't mean it.....Heehee
    "Old Fart????" Why you young wipper snapper you... Ha! I don't have to make as many mistakes as I used to, I've made them all already. That along with still being sexy (per Marta) is only one of the benefits of experience and wisdom...

Now... I owe you one Smartypants... :rolleyes::D
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 02:24 PM
    No frosting and the kids frosted the others;) They are yummy but not as pretty as I had hoped... oh well.. :D:D
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 02:24 PM
    I was just kiddin'... you know that;) Go Hawks!
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 02:26 PM

Hello all, not been here in a bit so I thought id just drop in to say hi :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Hey bear;)
    What's happening? It is a nice cool Sunday here. Down time I suppose;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Castle of doom 3, we rebuilt it! [ 1499 Answers ]

Hi all, Queen Alty speaking. The duck is busy pruning right now, but I'm sure she won't mind if I invite you all in. Welcome to the new and improved castle. Yes, another fresh coat of paint, a new building addition, and we even bought piranha's for the moat, the alligators are scared. ;) So...

The Castle of doom 2, new and improved [ 1499 Answers ]

Okay, Starby isn't around and the castle is closing, so I'll start another. It's renovated, it's new and improved. Paint, flowers, and a duck pond for Starduck (hee, hee) Come join us, I've even added a midieval bar, for those of us who like to indulge. ;) Hick. So come on in, we have...

Name of the castle [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of the castle near Fussan , Germany. I do not know how to spell it . You pronounce it as Newshwainstain. Wanted some pictures. Can anyone help ?

1983 haunted castle movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember renting this move along with the movie M.J.'s Thriller. It was about (as far as I can remmeber) a guy that has to spend 3 nights in a haunted castle inorder to marry a princess. It was a comedy but the castle is haunted and there is lots of slapstick. I remember one part about a AX...

View more questions Search