Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 11:10 AM

Sneezy, short and to the point, I always write a book when answering a question. ;)
    Pets Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 11:10 AM
    Hey Biggie, how are you?
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Oct 26, 2008, 11:17 AM

Not bad Alty... you??

Had a long weekend, now I'm trying to put off a paper that I need to write for Tuesday :(
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Hi Bigie bigie biggie;)
    Hey Alty...

Oct 26, 2008, 11:22 AM

Hiya starty ;)

What's up?
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Nothing... just got back from a nice fall walk with a bunch a kids... it was great;)
    Now I wish I had some butter I want to bake some choc chip[ cookies;)
    YOu holding up with all the school, workout and partying?
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Just found some in the freezer... I will take a pic of ma cookies then you can pretend to eat them;)
    Pets Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 11:27 AM

Cookies, cookies, you're mean Starty, I want COOKIES! :(

Hey Biggie, don't put off your paper, suck it up, sit down, do it, do it, do it. Boy I sound like a mom. ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 11:31 AM
    I got to make sugar cookies, that should be fun... I am out of choc chips;)
    Don't want to be mean but you know there just has to be something in your cupboard and the kids enjoy making them with you>>>>>>>>! LOL
    Or I will just post a pic for you, haha
    Pets Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 11:34 AM

I'm going to search my cupboard now, I think I at least have the ingredients for sugar cookies, or short bread (I love short bread cookies). Momma's little baby loves shortening, shortening, momma's little baby loves shortening cake (is that right?) ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 11:43 AM
    I can bake like there is no tomorrow but for some reason the two times I tried shortbread, I didn't do it right... help me, I want to do it right, I like being right, please please please:)

You are too funny, NOW, could you share your recipe and directions please?

Oct 26, 2008, 11:57 AM

Yeah I'm keeping up with the school stuff...

All last week was midterms, so this weekend I made up in the partying department which means I was also making up in the workout department when I woke up and regretted those calories :p

Now its Sunday which means hanging out, watching football and maybe writing a paper :p
    Pets Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 12:10 PM

Shortbread is easy as pie, or shortbread.

1 cup butter, softened
    3 tbsp cornstarch
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 3/4 cup all purpose flour

-Preheat oven to 275ºF (140ºC).
    -In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy; gradually beat in cornstarch, then sugar.
    -With wooden spoon, beat in flour, about 1/4 cup (50 mL) at a time.
    -On lightly floured surface or pastry cloth, roll out dough to 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness.
    -Either cut cookes or use cookie shapes
    -Place on waxed paper-lined trays; prick each cookie 3 times with a fork. Freeze until firm. (Shortbread can be prepared at this point or transferred to freezer bags and stored in freezer for up to one month.)
    -Place frozen cookies on baking sheet.
    -Bake in oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from baking sheet and let cool on racks.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 26, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by klaus13239 View Post
    hmmm if one come in via smoke can he leave via fire
    Hi Klaus, don't know about the fire part - don't like it much. How's the weather in Vegas? My brother lives there too and works as a security guard and picks up lots of money every day. I wish I could get him to join us on this site, but he's busy with three dogs and going fishing on his day off, which are not that many.

I miss the warm dry air and the wonderful starry nights out at Red Rock.

Stay a while and forget about leaving - unless you've got a fire-resistant suit on.

Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 12:28 PM
    THANKS... I must have been trying a really really hard one for some reason! I can't wait to try it!
    Chery, you are a sweet heart!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 26, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213 View Post
    Agreed, Spring sounds like the best option....
    Yep, that gives us a quorum... go for it... :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Hey Stringer, did you have a good day yesterday?:)
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Stringer... did you forget about your football social group you started? YOu started it then never came back:(
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 26, 2008, 12:53 PM
    Thanks for sharing the recipe Alty, I just love shortbread. I ask Jaime to always bring some when she goes to the Canadian Post Exchange on the AirBase here. I used to make all kinds of german cookies at Christmas time but now I don't have the energy to stir anything thicker than milk with strawberry flavored powder.

Guy... you're an Aquarius like me too, mine is the 22d of Jan. Go with your gut feeling hon, just think warm weather even though you want to be there NOW. I know how it is to have to wait for something so bad, I hate it too.

Starty, take those pictures and I'll just drool over the cookies. My body can't move around much, but for some reason I don't gain any weight beause the medication does not make me that hungry. I usually have to force myself to eat, even though I think of all kinds of food. Right now, I'm thinking about a buffet (all you can eat) with lobster, crab, scallops, shrimp - all dripping with melted butter and lemon. Then I'd go back for seconds. When I lived in Georgia, I went to the shrimp boats in Savannah to get fresh shrimp twice a month. Now, I'm lucky if I can eat a fish-stick or two without feeling full. The two hot dogs I had today were yummy but it took me almost two hours to finish them. Believe me, it's not a fun diet,so don't try it. Larry eats more than I do... and deserves every bite of it. I gave him a whole can of real tuna today and he was in cat heaven.

OK, what did you do with Stringer? I have not heard from him or gotten an email. Will someone please check the moat and see if the crocs are holding him hostage until they get fed? I'll ask Magprob if he can spare some spam.

I'm working on a new coloring book and just might send a few pages to this site for your kids to color, so get enough black ink for your printers..

C.U. later

Just brought in two more friends for Biggie and Starby to play with.
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
    The dough is in the fridge waiting to be rolled out and baked... ok, I will go and do it now;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Castle of doom 3, we rebuilt it! [ 1499 Answers ]

Hi all, Queen Alty speaking. The duck is busy pruning right now, but I'm sure she won't mind if I invite you all in. Welcome to the new and improved castle. Yes, another fresh coat of paint, a new building addition, and we even bought piranha's for the moat, the alligators are scared. ;) So...

The Castle of doom 2, new and improved [ 1499 Answers ]

Okay, Starby isn't around and the castle is closing, so I'll start another. It's renovated, it's new and improved. Paint, flowers, and a duck pond for Starduck (hee, hee) Come join us, I've even added a midieval bar, for those of us who like to indulge. ;) Hick. So come on in, we have...

Name of the castle [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of the castle near Fussan , Germany. I do not know how to spell it . You pronounce it as Newshwainstain. Wanted some pictures. Can anyone help ?

1983 haunted castle movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember renting this move along with the movie M.J.'s Thriller. It was about (as far as I can remmeber) a guy that has to spend 3 nights in a haunted castle inorder to marry a princess. It was a comedy but the castle is haunted and there is lots of slapstick. I remember one part about a AX...

View more questions Search