Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 10:02 AM

Ah, I see. I'll let you guess what my last name is, it's not hard, I wasn't very creative when I chose a username. :)
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Oct 24, 2008, 10:04 AM

Well, you did say you were German, and the name does say it all. I'll guess "Altenweg," final answer...
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Oct 24, 2008, 10:10 AM

Alty,

I did the same thing... Couldn't think of much, so I just used my last name :)
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 10:18 AM

Yup, Greenie, Altenweg it is, and sadly, there aren't many Altenwegs out there, so I'm very easy to track. I really didn't think I'd be on this site that long, so using my last name seemed like an okay idea.

Biggie, LMAO, if only that was your last name, that would be quite the conversation piece. ;)

Oct 24, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Lol, my screen name is just my initials... I don't think many of us were very creative, other than biggie of course!

I've got to go. Biking today! Hopefully I can hit the 40K mark today! Wish me luck! I'll be back later tonight. It was nice talking to you all!

See you later, Alty, Biggie, and anyone else!

Oct 24, 2008, 10:26 AM

Adios jr,

To be honest, I don't know where the name came from. First thing I thought of when I was looking for a name. This is actually my second ID on this website, and the first had things I'd rather leave behind so I made a new one :)
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 10:28 AM

Ah, a secret, do tell Biggie, we want to know. ;)

By Greenie, have fun, be careful, talk to you later. :)

Oct 24, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Secret? Not so much of a secret but just some "not so attractive" sides of me from the first time my ex and I broke up... yeah, I was dumb enough to let it happen again, no more though, I promise ;)
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 10:41 AM

I'll hold you to that promise, remember, I'm always watching. ;)

As for "not attractive" sides to people, Biggie, you should read some of my old posts, talk about "not attractive". Like I said, I didn't think I'd be here long so I just said whatever was on my mind. I still do, but I'm getting better at not being argumentative. ;)

Here's a little secret. The first time I talked to Sneezy we had a fight. It was me against 5 other guys, Sneezy was one of them, and we all got a bit heated. Some insults were passed back and forth, we all got angry, and then one of them made a joke. They had commented that I live in Canada and what do I know about US living conditions? I said "You all probably think I live in an igloo", one of the guys said "Now, now, I know you can't get high speed in an igloo". I had to laugh, and that broke the ice. After that we all got along. Sadly, most of them aren't around that much anymore, except of course, Sneezy. :)

Actually, most of the people I'm friends with started as an argument. What does that say about me? ;)

Oct 24, 2008, 10:47 AM

Personally, I don't care much about my older posts, I just wouldn't want anyone who knows me personally to see them. Makes me look a bit... pathetic :)

The promise - no worries... been in the clear for a while now far as I can tell :)

We haven't had our argument yet, what does that mean? I'm not good enough? :(:(:(
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 10:49 AM

Lol... I too, have that whole "secret identity" :) I am not too proud of what brought me to AMHD. But thankfully, that's all gone now! And I realize how much I dodged a bullet - thanks to my dear Alty, and of course, my Sir Sneezy ;)
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird213 View Post
    Personally, I don't care much about my older posts, I just wouldn't want anyone who knows me personally to see them. Makes me look a bit... pathetic :)

The promise - no worries... been in the clear for a while now far as I can tell :)

We haven't had our argument yet, what does that mean? I'm not good enough? :(:(:(
    You want to fight? Put them up buddy, I'm ready. Of course you're good enough, maybe we just agree about everything, we don't need to fight. :)
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    Lol....I too, have that whole "secret identity" :) I am not too proud of what brought me to AMHD. But thankfully, that's all gone now! And I realize how much I dodged a bullet - thanks to my dear Alty, and of course, my Sir Sneezy ;)
    Aw, gosh, blush, me? Lub you tons Chicky. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 11:54 AM

I can't tell you how that email you sent at the time o' abandonment (in the not too distant past) meant to me.
    :)
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 12:05 PM

HC, you just brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad it helped, so glad. Have I ever told you how many times your words of wisdom have helped me through a tough time? More than I can count my dear, way more. :)

This is such an amazing place, I'm so glad that I found all of you. It's just to bad that we all live so far apart. :(

Until you're a part of something like this, our little "virtual" family, you just can't understand the importance of it. I'm proud to call all of you my friends.

Okay, mushy moment over, how about them Oilers? ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 12:24 PM

Well, not really all that in to the "Oilers"...

I'm in Tampa Bay... the home of the Rays AND the spring training home for the Phillies. Its NUTS down here! :)

Oct 24, 2008, 12:27 PM

... For the record... there are no more oilers :p

Team doesn't exist anymore.
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 12:31 PM

Does too, does too, don't say that Biggie!

Oh, I see, you're trying to start a fight. Shall I give in, give you what you want, or make you work for it?

Work for it baby, I'm not that easy! ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2008, 12:32 PM

Oi! Lol! Alty wants to fight!

Fight! Fight!

:D

On another hand... if you all like shakespeare... Much Ado About Nothing THis is AWESOME! :)

Oct 24, 2008, 05:04 PM

Haha, you guys really crack me up...

I just had to compliment alty on how she has been trying to solve the problem with a newbie on a thread. Alty: You are waaaay to nice to that... 'girl'. You really kept your cool through it. I'm not even going to bother with that thread anymore, and I'm sure you are done with it too. The newbie and I did hijack that thread, and thanks for ending it. That last comment by her, saying, "I hope you get in trouble" showed her true colours, if any of the other posts didn't... I tried to start over with her, and leave the fight behind, but that thread wasn't the place to do that. I will be more cautious of that from now on :). Thank you!
    Do you think I should try to start over with her? Or should I just leave it alone now. I just hate to make enemies, you know? And I will probably run into her more than a few times on this site. Could make for awkard conversations in the future. So confusing...

Back to the latest subject: It's a FIGHT!?
    My bets are on Alty... sorry Biggie. I've seen some of 'Alty's Altercations.'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The Castle of doom 3, we rebuilt it! [ 1499 Answers ]

Hi all, Queen Alty speaking. The duck is busy pruning right now, but I'm sure she won't mind if I invite you all in. Welcome to the new and improved castle. Yes, another fresh coat of paint, a new building addition, and we even bought piranha's for the moat, the alligators are scared. ;) So...

The Castle of doom 2, new and improved [ 1499 Answers ]

Okay, Starby isn't around and the castle is closing, so I'll start another. It's renovated, it's new and improved. Paint, flowers, and a duck pond for Starduck (hee, hee) Come join us, I've even added a midieval bar, for those of us who like to indulge. ;) Hick. So come on in, we have...

Name of the castle [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of the castle near Fussan , Germany. I do not know how to spell it . You pronounce it as Newshwainstain. Wanted some pictures. Can anyone help ?

1983 haunted castle movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember renting this move along with the movie M.J.'s Thriller. It was about (as far as I can remmeber) a guy that has to spend 3 nights in a haunted castle inorder to marry a princess. It was a comedy but the castle is haunted and there is lots of slapstick. I remember one part about a AX...

View more questions Search