Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissGirlie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Numbness of the right side of body and trouble seeing
    So, I wasn't sure where to ask this, or if I should just go straight to the doctors.
    While I was at school yesterday, I was sitting down and reached to pick something up and realized my hand was numb. I checked the rest of my body and my right hand, arm, leg, foot and right half of my tongue was numb. My forearm was also a funny purple/pink color. I also was having trouble seeing in my right eye and had a terrible head ache and was very dizzy. My mom wants me to go to the doctor, but I feel fine now. It only was like that for a little while in class, maybe a few minutes (it's hard to tell because it felt like forever).

Does anyone know what that could be? Was it a weird fluke? :confused:

(If this was already covered, I apologize, I am terrible with computers).
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 9, 2008, 08:44 PM

Listen to your mom, you may just be starting to have a major problem that could get worse if you wait at least talk to a doc.. MOM is right

Good luck and take care
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

Oct 9, 2008, 09:20 PM

It could be a pinched nerve in your spine..
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2008, 10:27 AM

Please have your mom take you to the doctors. Having trouble seeing out of one eye and a headache are not good signs. Just because you feel fine now does not mean that this condition will not come back. Having your arm turn numb is also not good. You could have a blood clot in your brain causing these problems. I don't know. Your doctor will know. You didn't say how old you are or if you have any existing medical problems so it's hard to tell you what is your problem. But whatever your problem turns out to be, please seek medical help now.
    MissGirlie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Please have your mom take you to the doctors. Having trouble seeing out of one eye and a headache are not good signs. Just because you feel fine now does not mean that this condition will not come back. Having your arm turn numb is also not good. You could have a blood clot in your brain causing these problems. I don't know. Your doctor will know. You didn't say how old you are or if you have any existing medical problems so it's hard to tell you what is your problem. But whatever your problem turns out to be, please seek medical help now.
    Wow, everyone seems to be saying the same thing. I will definitely be heading to the doctors then. Thanks everyone
    keeendouggh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 05:42 PM
    Did you ever find out what was wrong? I have the same problem... it has happened three times so far

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain on Right Side of body [ 11 Answers ]

I have had this pain that goes down my right side and sometimes into my upper and lower back. It hurts to lay on that side and sometimes keeps me up all night. Does anyone know what this might be?

Pain in right side of body [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sharp pain in my right shoulder and rib cage but it does not hurt until I either lay down on my right side or on my back... or when I take a deep breath, cough , sneeze ,or yawn.. but it is a very painful thing... I have had a chest cold for about 3 weeks and I just can't seem to get rid...

Admiral side by side refrigerator trouble [ 5 Answers ]

Help!! My refrigerator seems to be broken. At least the fan is. The freezer side was making some weird noises, like ice on the blades, and water was leaking out of the ice maker and freezing in the front of the door. Now the freezer seems to be OK, but the fridge fan isn't blowing. I checked...

Right side of body pain [ 1 Answers ]

My has a pain on the right side of his body he had part of his liver removed due to cancer,it is very tender where the pain is, the pain is just below his ribs

Why have I always got pain off the left side of my body ? [ 4 Answers ]

Why have I always got a pain off the left side lower body?

View more questions Search