Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dagu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Healthy food
    1. Plan a healthy dinner for five of your friends. Consider caloric intake and amount of protein, carbohydrates, fat, and other nutrients that may be considered appropriate for a healthy dinner.
    2. Calculate the amount of the total calories for their dinner.
    3. One of your dinner guests has called to remind you that they are now a vegetarian and cannot eat meat. What changes do you need to make to their dinner to assure this person meets the recommended nutrients in their day?

Discuss:

1. How difficult it was to plan a dinner for a “normally” healthy diet.

2. Is there a perfect diet that can be used for a variety of individuals? What would it include?

3. Why is it necessary to consider the dietary habits of others when preparing such a party?

Write up your menu and submit your discussion to the above questions.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 06:27 PM
    Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help

I've done my homework, now it's time for yours.

You see, you are asking ultimate strangers to do your homework for you so that you don't have to take the time and do the research yourself. AND you think you are going to do it for free. We are ordinary people who live ordinary lives. Do you think we have the time to help you cheat? NOPE.
    chloedann Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 13, 2008, 03:04 AM

People have different dietry requirements (men require more energy than women etc.) in addition to different personal food preferences

As with the vegetarian simply substitute meat with an alternative protein - this could be tofu chickpeas etc etc

Typically the meal should be 1/4 protein 1/4 complex carbs and the rest vegies

Thus you may have 120 g chicken or fish for protein, rice or pasta for the complex carbs then a mix of vegies.

By having half of the meal vegies the calorie intake is low

The meal can be made healthier by adding fibre e.g.. Brown rice and fat can be reduced by steaming or grilling the meal rather than frying.

Try adding crucifix vegies like broccoli as these are considered superfoods.

For desert try something low fat like apple and rhuburb crumble or low fat ice cream with a berry sauce etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Food invention (registration of a food product?) [ 12 Answers ]

I have thought up a good idea for a new food product and would like to offer it to a company, but to do that (I was informed by my dad) I need proof that this idea is mine so no one can steal it and such, registration of a food product? I need to know how to go on to this. A website perhaps? Please...

Healthy/non-fattening food on a budget [ 6 Answers ]

I'm currently unemployed and sometimes I don't have food to eat.it seem that the foods that are fattening and not healthy is the cheapest.I started riding my bike to burn calories but the food options are carbs and garbage.sometimes all I can afford is oatmeal.what are some healthy options of food...

Healthy Food [ 5 Answers ]

HI, Please suggest me healthy food for my baby. Thanks

Food poisoning, or Food allergy? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. Greetings first of all. Well, see, on Tuesday morning I felt fine, nothing seemed to be wrong. Went to work at a restaurant, 3 hours cause it's split shift. Came back home and was supposed to go back to work at 5pm. Right around that time I started to feel bloated, and had lots of gas. Then...

Healthy alternative to dog food [ 5 Answers ]

Please do yourself a favor and check out the 2 sites so you'll be better informed about what is really in dog food and choices you can make so your pet will become healthy and whole. They are: http://www.belfield.com (article Food Not Fit for a Pet) and http://www.api4animals.org (article What's...

View more questions Search