Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArticMonkey Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Oct 9, 2008, 02:08 PM
    I want to write a song
    Heyy
    Can any one help me write a song I want to write one for my mom but I'm not very good please help me

Sam
    Xx:confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Hi, ArticMonkey!

Thanks for posting something here as I suggested on the other thread. I will be back on later tonight in around three hours. I'm not home on my own computer.

To start the lyrics of the song, please just post here some ideas in words or sentences about how you feel about your mom, like maybe things that you like about her and why you are writing the song.

The thoughts don't necessarily have to be in any order - just random ideas, sentences and single words by themselves are even okay. Then, we can go from there to develop the song.

Just let your ideas flow and please don't get caught up that everything might need to be perfect right off the bat.

Okay? :)

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2008, 01:33 AM

I'll be around here on Friday night Sam, in case you would like to work on something. I am looking forward to working with you on your song!

Oct 12, 2008, 01:52 PM

Thanks
    Do writing songs just start with writing sayings or a coupple of words that have been made up ?

Oct 12, 2008, 05:40 PM

I can sing other artists songs fine but I just can never come up with one of my own

Oct 12, 2008, 09:17 PM

Why do you call?
    Why do you stare?
    Why do you tell me to beware?
    Why do you hug?
    Why do you kiss?
    Why do you always miss?
    Is it because you love me?
    Or is it because you don't?
    Or is it because you won't?
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ArticMonkey View Post
    Why do you call?
    Why do you stare?
    Why do you tell me to beware?
    Why do you hug?
    Why do you kiss?
    Why do you always miss?
    Is it because you love me?
    Or is it because you don't?
    Or is it beacuse you won't?
    Hi, Sam!

I'm here right now. Are those questions above the ideas for your song? Also, why are you wanting to write the song?

Knowing the answer to especially the second question will help me to know which direction we need to go here.

You already appear to have a good knack for forming some kind of structure with what you write.

Thanks!

Oct 12, 2008, 09:34 PM

OK I love writing poetry and that's justa poem I wrote but I want to write songs because music is the only way to express myself and I want to no what it feels like to have everyone on who you are

Oct 12, 2008, 09:36 PM
    No that's a poem and I was wanting to put it in to a song OK forget about the one for mom I can do that later but I just want to make a song and have music and be able to name something as mine insteed of singing some one else's work it gets kind of boring like I want my own label
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 09:42 PM
    OK i love writing poetry and that's justa poem i wrote but i want to write songs because music is the only way to express myself and i want to no what it feels like to have everyone on who you are
    You can have a lot of people know who you are by the poetry that you write and not just by doing music.

Writing poetry is an art and something that takes practice in order to get really good at it. You already use it as a form of self-expression. You also have a good start at doing it. I know that you could be really good if you practiced it more and learned how to do it better!

Do you have a school newspaper?

Thanks!

Oct 12, 2008, 09:45 PM

No I don't really wirte anymore it kind of bores me so I sing insteed
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 09:45 PM
    no thats a poem and i was wanting to put it in to a song ok forget about the one for mom i can do that later but i just want to make a song and have music and be able to name something as mine insteed of singing some one elses work it gets kind of boring like i want my own label
    Okay, then let's just work on writing a song. I'll re-write your poem in such a way that it would work well set to a rhythm and also meter.

Oct 12, 2008, 09:49 PM

No we don't have a school newspapper
    I don't really write poetry anymore it's a little boring
    I sing to keep myself entertained insteed
    I'm getting tierd of sing other peoples music and want to sing my own if you no what I mean

Oct 12, 2008, 09:50 PM

OK how would you do that though?
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 09:58 PM
    ok how would you do that though?
    It's not all that hard, once you know how to do it. The re-write of your poem into a song will be in my next post. Please be sure to answer any questions directly that I ask so that I can help you the best.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 10:01 PM

Why do you call and why do you stare, and why do you tell me to beware?

Why do you hug and why do you kiss, and why do you always seem to miss?

Is this because you love me, or because you don't, or maybe because you won't?
    What do you think? It would work, musically.

The above would be a good first verse for your song. Any idea as to what you would like to be the title of your song? My initial thought for a title would be, "Do You Really Love Me?"

Also, is this song about someone that you like, or just some random thoughts that you have and wanted to make into a poem?

Thanks!

Oct 12, 2008, 10:08 PM

Heyy are you still there?

Oct 12, 2008, 10:11 PM
    Yea it I like that name and its just some ranodm stuff
    I like the re write to thanks
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 10:15 PM

I just had a thought about your school not having a newspaper, a lot schools have them and they aren't all that hard to do and because having such a thing will help the students to learn in various ways, I'm sure that teachers and administration would be supportive of that kind of thing.

If you and bunch of your friends from school got together and talked together about how it would be a good thing to have a newspaper and then spoke with some teachers and also the principal, having a school news paper once a month or even once a week might become a reality!

Students could become reporters covering and writing articles about school events, writers of opinions about things, writers of things like opinions, essays, poems and also the lyrics to songs, photographers, etc.

Having copies of a school newspaper would also become a cherished keepsake in time. It's kind of also like having a yearbook.

If you become a student staff person on a school newspaper, that's something that you could also add to your resume someday so that you might have a better chance at getting a job because a potential employer will see that you not only did the school work that you were supposed to do, but were willing to do something extra outside of the usual school day.

Oct 12, 2008, 10:18 PM

Ill ask the teachers but I won't be going to the school much longer as I am getting a full time job

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to write a meaningful and wonderful song [ 3 Answers ]

I need your help guys! Please give me some tips or suggestions on how to write a beautiful song... Thanks for your time... I'll appreciate it very much...

I want to write on something [ 1 Answers ]

I need to write an article and I have no idea of what to write about. I have written about global fuel crisis before and it was commended. Please can someone give me an idea. I want to write about something many people can relate to.

I know not what to write here [ 1 Answers ]

I guess for this to work well you will need a short history, child of a divorce angry-protective to not so angry-need to help to not angry-with a need to comfort OK that is out of the way. Now on to the question I listen and I am good at it, how do you stop without offending the people who already...

I want to write! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I want to write a story but whenever I do, I can't think of a good ending and normally leave it halfway through. I also find it hard to think of ideas for a good story. Any ideas?! :confused:

View more questions Search