Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tadlem43 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Startup money for dog wash
    I understand that the new 'thing' are dog washes where the owners bring in their pets and wash them in tubs with shampoos, etc. provided by the dog wash owner. I've investigated this idea, and living in the Dallas, TX area, I think it would go over very well! The two main ingredients (dogs and money!) are certainly here! Does anyone have any ideas on how to get venture capital for me to open one of these? I've started on a business plan and have a good location in mind. Would be open to discuss this further if anyone has any input. Thank you!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 01:07 PM

Yes, present your business plan to your bank (but oweing to the problems with financial institutions down your way don't know about funding). Maybe not a good time to do this.

But you need more then tubs and shampoos, you need hair dryers, conditioners and investigate the equipment in some other business of this type to see just what you need because all this will have to be in your business plan, such as inventory.
    tadlem43 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 01:31 PM

I was just using the tubs and shampoo, etc. for a basic description of the business. I have checked into all of the equipment I'll need, capital equipment like tubs, ramps, dryers, sprayers, etc. and the disposables, such as shampoos, conditioners, basic grooming supplies, towels, etc.
    In my business plan I have divided the capital equipment from the disposables to show depreciation and potential appreciation of the business in a five year time frame.. basic business plan stuff.
    It will take some time for the banks and other financial institutions to calm down for start-up loans, so that's why I'm looking for venture capital at this point. Should have the business plan complete within the next week or so and then will be able to present it.
    Thanks for your input! Any help is appreciated!
    Burd Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Apr 18, 2009, 05:41 AM

this sounds like a sole trader venture, the only way you can get money is self investement,

you may need a loan, keep costs to a minium spend a lot of flyers and marketing, to advervise first.

got to the bank, for a loan, with a projected costs and projected cash flow in your business plan,

I think with is a big amount of cash at the start, but then it can make pure profit down the road.

how about charge in bulk prices, like not single washes, but 1 wash=$5

but 10 washes= $30 this will increase sales costs at the start, and generate money return before interest kills you on your loan.

hope that helps

b

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song that goes like this."money money money, money?" [ 5 Answers ]

Do you know the artists name?

Who sings the song that goes, Money, money, money, money? [ 12 Answers ]

Who sings the song that goes something like this... Money, Money,Money, Money?

Startup money for a business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Jenni and it is my dream to own my own company. Ive found the business of my dreams which is currently on the market, how ever I haven't got very good credit history and I'm finding it hard to come up with the asking price, or in fact any where near it! Where should I look to find...

Svchost.exe?  And startup but not in startup file? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Can you tell me what svchost.exe is? I'm always getting a box saying it has generated errors and will be closed. Also, a lot of things start up without being in the startup file. Where does the computer get the command to start those things up? The registry or somewhere else? ...

View more questions Search