Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcooper Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Ant Troubles .
    Hi!.

The past few days we are having these strange ants on our kitchen widow sill. They are not like normal ants and I was concerned that they might be termites. They don't travel in a line and don't seem to be drawn to food in particular. They are smaller than a normal red ant and seem to be two toned. Brown and black. I am using Raid ant spray and it hardly phases them. Does anyone know a home remedy for them or what they might be? I appreciate any help or advice. Thanks!
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Oct 8, 2008, 07:40 PM

Google Image Result for http://www.termitexpel.com/wp-content/themes/revolution/images/wood-eating-termite.jpg

Do they look like these?
    dcooper Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Oct 9, 2008, 05:24 AM

No. Definitely not like those.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2008, 10:05 AM

Use Sweet N Low powder on where they walk. Aspertame is actually a swell bug insecticide. I use it indoors and outdoors on the pesky critters and it works every time. Spraying them is just wasting your money. Get 'em where it really counts as they will happily eat this stuff and walk in it and take it back to their nest for everyone else to enjoy.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2008, 09:02 AM

You know. They could be some species of fire ant. We've had some invasive new species in canada show up that were biting a lot of people because we don't see them commonly here. I don't know where you are from. But I hope that helps. The two tone red/ brown to black seems to stick out as a kind of fire ant coloring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pc troubles [ 8 Answers ]

I have had problems with my computer for quite some time now, and was wanting to know how to wipe out my p.c. and start fresh. I have had some malware viruses and I have gotten rid of them and keep getting them back. I have had people work on my PC and am tired of having to pay to get it fixed. So...

Guy troubles! [ 11 Answers ]

I like this guy and he's new in my school. I've never talked to him and I don't think he notices me. I can't dress to impress because I go to a private school and have a uniform. What are some conver sation starters? Oh and by the way I'm in 7th grade. And I'm 13years old. I think he's nice...

Car Troubles [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Dodge Stratus. I recently put the car into the shop (7 days ago) to have the usual maintenance done on the car. I had an oil change, engine tuneup, and I also had to have some ignition wires replaced. My car silently shut off twice today and the steering wheel even locked up as I...

Cat Troubles [ 2 Answers ]

I have two male cats and I made the mistake of bring a female around them. My two males started fighting each other now all my male cats do is fight they won't be around each other and they have to stay in different rooms! They used to love each other before I brung the female into my house! What...

Rat Troubles [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All! I live in a condominium village where all the units are connected. The units are individually owned and my mother and I live in two separate units side by side. Today my dogs discovered rats inside the under belly of my electric grill. The grill has been covered with a black grill...

View more questions Search