Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

Apr 21, 2009, 04:13 PM

There is another option now besides Methadone Clinics. People who are opiate addicts can now be treated by private doctors with a prescription for Suboxone. Suboxone is a partial opiate agonist so it will relieve withdrawal symptoms. It has an added opiate antagonist to deter concomitant use of street drugs.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Apr 22, 2009, 12:55 AM

What is the usual length someone is one this or is just a subsittue fir oxys. What I want is that rapid detox go to the hospital so to sleep and them wake up and your clean. That would be so awesome

Apr 22, 2009, 06:36 AM

Morning Michelle, Yes. Suboxone can be used as a quick detox. This is something you will have to ask your doctor about. It is even used to detox off Methadone. It doesn't work quite the same way as rapid detox being put to sleep in a hospital, but it does work along those same lines... only you are awake and being treated at home.

Suboxone can be used as a quick detox and will relieve the symptoms of withdrawal and then you can stop taking it after just 3 days and might be fine. The length of treatment with Suboxone is something that is individual and decided on by the patient and doctor.

People who stay on Suboxone longer tend to have a better outcome with fewer relapses.

If you goggle Suboxone you can find more information. Good luck!

Apr 22, 2009, 07:20 PM

Read all about it here,
    Suboxone.com - Office-Based Treatment for Opioid Dependence
    If you think it might be something you'd have success with, talk to your doctor.
    lildevil1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

May 2, 2009, 11:54 PM

There is a detox you can do where you go in and the put you to sleep. They pump meds into you that will push all the drugs out. It is so intense they keep you alseep. When you wake up you are clean and you will have no withdrawl systems and no cravings
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 08:58 PM
    Michelle

I can truthfully say that Suboxone has worked for me. I was taking more oxy than you(sounds like) and I'm off. No more counting pills, looking for the next hook-up, sitting in the waiting room like a baby bird waiting for my prescription that wasn't going to last 30 days anyway. I take two pills a day ( 8 mg each) and I'm content. I have legitimate health issues and am post-op 5 months for a painful as hell procedure called core decompression surgery that hopefully saved me from having a total hip replacement. They drilled a 10mm diameter hole through my thigh bone and through the femoral head of my hip socket to allow blood flow to heal the avascular necrosis (bone death) probably due to my alcoholism of 30 plus years. I still live with daily pain, but not so much as the pain of my addition and all the HELL it causes. Yes, It is a synthetic opiate that has it's own physical dependences, but It's made as to not be abused like we do every other drug we get our hands on. You don't get a buzz, what you do get is a sense of content and calm.The feeling it sounds like you want. The romans called their slaves addicts, that's where the term comes from. I was tired of being a SLAVE to my addiction. I've gotten my life back. I actually sleep at night. With church, my 12 step program, and my family, I'm a success story. Look it up and find out who prescribes it. You can be taking it by your next withdrawals( probably), I did . Good luck and GOD bless.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

May 14, 2009, 12:20 AM

You are an amazing man, I am so impressed.
    sunflower412 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

May 14, 2009, 08:46 AM

JMJoseph,
    God bless you buddy!! It is so great to hear that you overcome your addiction. I know what you mean about being sick and tired of being sick and tired. I know first hand how controlling opiates can be. I watched my fiancé go through total hell. Running to Phila almost everday, I've seen him overdose twice. Go to rehab, be clean for a week or two, then go back using again. And him going through the withdrawal. I wish I could help each and everyone that is addicted to that stuff. I would never wish that on anyone. Like I said in an earlier post, my fiancé has been on methadone for 3 years. Clean for three years. He knows all about methadone and the withdrawal of it as well, but he is at a comfortable dose where he can function normally, like you said sleep at night. Hasn't had a drink in over 3 years. I am very proud of him. The same with suboxone. These medications are life savers!! For people that are serious about getting and staying clean, these work. God luck with yourself and Michelle you are in my prayers. Good luck. I know you can beat this demon!!
    ontaryan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 06:22 PM
    After lots of research and first hand witness accounts from friends,I am 3 days clean and withdrawals are minimal.I have been on 60 mg 3 times daily for 2 years and snorting them from day one!I am so sick of the junkie feelings.I gradually lowered my doses until I was only fighting off the sickness,Getting through the day with 1 and a half 20's.I did this for 2 weeks.Today is only the 3rd day but I know I can do it! Im not sick,the ****s are gone and the flu symptoms are calmed as well.I prepared by purchasing a multivitamin,some pepto,vitamin b1&b12 and some 400mg ibuprophin for pain as well as a sleep aid.
    Smoking pot also helps to round the edges.
    I start the day with the multivitamin as well as the b's,take 2-3 ibuprophin when needed for pain,the pepto when I feel the ****s coming on and some strong cough medicine for the flu like symptoms.When I am at my wits end I smoke a big bowl and it helps.
    I have noticed since I started tapering my doses my pain tolerance has increased 10 fold,its like the pills made me hurt,hurt for more!
    The hardest part is bedtime!! If you can smoke a bowl,drink a double neocitron nighttime as well as take a couple sleep aids you will sleep.
    I really feel that the tapering down is what has made it possible.
    If you are reading this you are half way there already!taper down for a couple weeks and then kick it,cold turkey.The first day will suck big time,the second sucks as well but the third you feel better!
    You can do it,its all mental, GOOD LUCK

SLAVE NO MORE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oxycontin? [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that this pill was an 80 mg oxycontin,problem is... it was pink an ha a G on he opof the pill and below the g was 164... I know what 80mg oxycontins looklike... can anyone tell me what this guy was trying to give me?? Thanks a lot!!

Oxycontin and vicoden w/d's, different or the same [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I hope someone can help with my question. I recently switched from vicoden to oxycontin. The first part of my question is will the withdrawals pretty much be the same from vicoden and oxycontin or will they be different? Secondly, what are the withdrawals of oxycontin? I stopped for...

OxyContin Addiction [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for any information on OxyContin addiction. The dangers of cutting down the pills. The increased consumption of this drug. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Over use of Oxycontin [ 2 Answers ]

I started at 10 mg of oxycontin, twice a day. Then to 20 mg. twice a day. Then to 40 my up to 3 times per day, now I take 80 mg 3 times per day. I also take a muscle relaxer 3 times a day. When pain starts getting bad or a headache turning into a migraine, I also take T-3's 2 -with codeine at a...

Oxycontin withdrawals [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend did oxycontin for about 4 months, so he says. He said that his withdrawal wasn't that bad. I know from reading the withdrawal is hell. I'm wondering if the withdrawal for oxycontin varies with the length that a person does it. Say does 4 months differ from someone using it for 6...

View more questions Search