Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    funkyaod Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Been married 10 years he wants a divorce
    Hi

So my husband has moved to another state I reside in Florida in our house he wants a divorce, I am a homemaker and will have to find a new place to live as he has had me sign quick claims deeds to all his houses 9 in three states, where do I stand re ailmony, health insurance, and I would like to keep my car which is in joint names.

p.s. we married in Nevada but have resided mainly in Florida, which other residence in CA and AZ

Thankyo u
    Stressed out
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 06:48 PM

Well first why in heavens name are you "signing" over your share in your JOINT houses to him.

In court he will have to pay or buy out your share of the property.

Depends on what is finally settled in court, expert court to take years sometimes depending on what you two can agree on.
    div2wice Posts: 103, Reputation: 1
    -

Oct 8, 2008, 07:10 PM
    I agree, I would not sign ANYTHING over to him. You just wait until you file. Those houses are jointly owned, therefore you own half of them. He knows this and is trying to get it all for him. Do not sign anything until you get a lawyer.
    Since you're a homemaker you'll likely get alimony, you just need to ask for it in the papers. You cannot stay on his health insurance because you two will no longer be married, no longer family so you'll have to find other means of insurance.
    You can also ask for the car in the divorce stating that you'll need it to look for, and keep a job.
    If you are filing, you'll have to file in your state of residency... where you've lived for at least 6 months. Where you were married does not matter...
    I would contact a lawyer quickly, and if you can file first. That way you can name the terms, including the houses, car, etc.
    Best of luck,
    funkyaod Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 05:23 AM

Thank you for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to get a divorce before 2 years [ 7 Answers ]

I just got a conditional green card in August 19, 2008. We have been marriaged for 1 year. Now my husband want to get a divorce because he was hiding me something for the past which was he had been marriaged and have 3 children. He said it is not right for me about his hiding issue. He want to let...

Almost 3 years and no Divorce [ 2 Answers ]

Well, I am 29 years old and want a divorce from my loser husband who lied, cheated and abused me while we were together. I filled for divorce and the lawyer I used at the end said the county he was in no longer allowed for the divorce to go threw without the other's signature. I have spent allot on...

Why my divorce still hurts 10 years later? [ 4 Answers ]

Been divorced for nearly 8 years and the other week I saw in the paper of the town I once lived in that my ex-wife had re-married and the pain shot through me. I am falling apart emotionally over this and starting to hurt my current marriage by pulling away from my wife. I once was a drug addict...

Divorce after 2 years of marriage [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I have been married for almost two years now. My husbands school girlfriend (call her LS) got pregnant with his baby about 3 months before we met. After we met, we just knew that we had a very strong attraction to each other. He however stayed with his girlfriend because of the child....

Dating married guy for 4 years and who is now in divorce procedure [ 17 Answers ]

I'm 27 years old I'm currently dating a 43 year old we have been together for 4 years he's married in the beginning of February I told his wife about us I could not take it anymore the excuxes the lies when I told her she laughed she did not believe me so I gave her a little insight about things I...

View more questions Search