Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scrotto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Fathers rights before child birth
    My son is waiting for his daughter to be born. The mothers parents do not want him in the room when the baby is born the mother is not bold enough to speak up to her parents so my son is losing out by not getting to see his daughter be born. What rights does he have?:confused::mad:
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 04:50 PM

Unless the mother says that she wants him in there he has no rights. He won't have any rights until (if allowed to) he signs the affidavid of paternaty or the court ordered DNA test comes back showing him to be the father. At that point the judge will issue a child support order and visitation order.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2008, 04:54 PM

Unfortunately a paternity test will not be done until the child is born and then only if a court forces the issue. So your son will not have any rights until he can be declared the legal father. And that doesn't happen until his name is listed on the birth certificate or the court rules he is as a result of a paternity test.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 09:13 PM

And, to be frank, even if he were married to this girl, if she doesn't want him in the delivery room, she can keep him out of it. The patient's rights overrule her partner's at the hospital.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights if not on birth certificate [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 3 month old baby and I chose not to put her dad on the birth certificate. He is not in our lives and I want to keep it that way just in case he tried to be involved.. Do I need to make him sign away rights if he isn't even on the birth certificate?

Out of state child and fathers rights [ 1 Answers ]

My stepdaughter moved out of state a few years ago. Her mother was granted permission cause she was getting married and was going to have a better job. We are to meet at a halfway point and can't get her half of the time allowed either due to finances or because her mother is making it hard. She is...

Fathers Rights to unborn child. [ 3 Answers ]

My delima. My girlfriend is pregnant with my child she says. I don't know if it is mine or not. But my concerne is her Drug abuse. She is sneaking around(and not very well I might add) doing drugs she tells me she isn't but I know she is. First of all is there anyway I can legally do anything to...

Adult child seeking to put biological fathers name on birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Forget it.. I'm calling an attorney!

Fathers rights/child name change [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I have a couple questions. First, I live in Florida. My son is 22 months old. His biological father is on his birth certificate and is supposed to pay child support, he owes 5K back pay, and I haven't gotten one single payment. Don't know his current address or phone number. Anyway, he hasn't...

View more questions Search