Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peblz03 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Maternity leave
    I am a hiar stylist who is 7 months pregnant, I do not have maternity leave with my employers. Is there any kind of assistance I gan get during my leave? I am just making enough right now to pay bills so I am concerned on how to pay my bills while I am not able to work.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 03:39 PM

That's tough because you can't get unemployement unless you was fired but you must be able to work.

The only thing I can think of is public assistance. Maybe someone else will come along with more information.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2008, 05:24 PM
    You may check out some social service agencies, and some of the religious social agencies.

While you can get time off ( not paid) for medical leave, *** IN the US, So this is normally why so many return back to work in a very short time even if they should not.

What about the babies father, is he not going to be helping with your bills ?
    jemannie Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2008, 01:59 PM

If you do not have any family or the child's father that can help out then I would suggest going to an organization that specializes in assistance. I live in Georgia and there is an energy assistance place that pays your utility bills for you temporarily until you are able to get back to work. There may be places in your area that are the same. There are also churches that may be in your area that are willing to help you for at least one month (utilities, food & rent). There is also the choice of Welfare (temporarily) until you reach your six weeks postpartum. Many people are skeptical to try welfare so you can try other things first if you are skeptical. I've never been on welfare myself but I relocated to Georgia not knowing the different cost of living that would occur. I was a single mom with one son and I was able to find help as far as the utilities went and I am very grateful to everyone who was able to help because now my situation has greatly improved. There are some people who care. I pray that everything works out for you. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maternity Leave [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I am currently pregnant and very EXCITED! :) My question is: How long to I have to go back to work after Maternity Leave so all my health insurance is covered? See my situation is my boyfriend and I aren't married, but we are putting the baby on his insurance once it's born so that...

Maternity leave [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my husband are trying for a baby and I'm just wondering if I should get a insurance out when I'm pregnant to cover maternity leave.Its just that we are both self employed and I have not long started my business and I think we will need all the help we could get.. Does anyone know of any...

2nd mortgage and maternity leave [ 3 Answers ]

A few weeks ago, I filled out an application to borrow from the equity in my house. I wasn't approved at first, but then they did something they called a "reserve" plan, at which my interest rate was higher and then approved me. I am currently on maternity leave, but I go back on December 7th. My...

Back to work after maternity leave... [ 3 Answers ]

Please help - I am a new mum and have just gotten back to work after raising my daughter to 6 months. I loved ever minute of it and would love to be a full-time mum but we just can't afford it :(( I know so many others have gone through this and I really need help.My little girl goes to a...

View more questions Search