Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovecare Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 12:28 PM
    solve the probability
    Hello

could any one help me in this?? /

the following table shows the distribution of blood types in the general population
    A B AB O TOTAL
    Rh+ 34% 9% 4% 38% 85%
    Rh- 6% 2% 1% 6% 15%
    Total 40 11 5 44 100

mY question is

a) What is the probability a person will be Rh- given she or he has type O blood ?

b) What is the probability a person will have type B blood given he or she is Rh+ ?
    garcon81 Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2008, 08:49 AM

An easy way to think about it is to take the table above and assume each percentage point corresponds to one person - so, 100 people total. Then,

a) There are 44 people with blood type O - 38 of them are Rh+, and 6 are Rh-. Then the odds of being Rh- with type O blood are 6/44.

b) Similarly - 85 people are Rh+. 9 of them have blood type B, so 9/85 is the probability.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Solve [(86400*n^2)/2^n]<1 solve n [ 3 Answers ]

Could you Please solve this problem <1 solve n

How to solve this probability? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay - this isn't homework. I took statistics and let's just say although it wasn't pretty, I passed. My boss asked me to solve this probability question back when I was taking stats and I could never figure it out. He wants to know the probability for a bowling raffle he is in every year. ...

Solve this [ 2 Answers ]

x+y>-3;(0,0) (-6,3)

Pre cal solve [ 1 Answers ]

solve the equation for 0 < x < 2 Pi 2cos^2 (x) + sinx = 1 2cos^2 (x) = 0 sin (x) = 0

Solve the following [ 1 Answers ]

http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=25zz7.jpg

View more questions Search