Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shay11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Vegetarian dog who still has itchy skin?
    Hi there, I have a beautiful 10monthold GoldenDoodle who is apparently allergic to meat. So I have switched his dog food but yet he still has itchy skin and I felt he lost a lot of his energy from having not enough protein, so I switched his food again to the flavour Salmon & potato, but yet he still has itchy skin, what do you recommend?
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2008, 12:59 PM

Seeing the vet. Itchy skin is a symptom, not a disease. It could be allergies (which could be to a host of things, not just food), it could be fleas, it could be mange, it could be an autoimmune response, it could be too much bathing... Find out what you need to treat and solve that, rather than taking a shotgun approach to the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy bumps on skin [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have these small, flesh colored itchy bumps on my skin and they are driving me crazy! I just noticed them about a couple of days ago when I when to sleep under the fan with no shirt on. The bumps are very small, about the size of a period or pencil point - they are barely noticeable but...

Black Itchy Skin [ 2 Answers ]

My 3year old large mix breed dog has been diagnosed with undetermined skin allergies. Our vet pushed us into giving him prednazone which didn't help him at all and has since been angry with us for giving it to him because he is now overweight due to the water it makes him retain. His skin has...

Dry, Itchy, Flaky Skin [ 7 Answers ]

I need a miracle for my dog. He is a retreiver mix with horrible skin. His skin is dry, itchy, and flaky. I groom him often and bath him regularly. He has been to the vet for it and been given medication, but it doesn't help. It has made it worse. I thought that maybe it was his food, so I...

Itchy skin [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! My dog has one spot that seems a bit itchy. The vet said that she seemed to have a little bit of grass irritation, but that there weren't any signs of anything significant. Is there something over the counter that might help? Hand lotion, hydrocortisone cream, something like that? I...

Itchy red skin on chihuahua [ 3 Answers ]

My chihuahua has a terrible time scratching, she is losing hair , her skin looks red and irritated and has developed some hot "itchy spots she scratches and makes a sore. I have tried changing her brands of food, Any ideas?? :confused:

View more questions Search